Thread Rating:
FA CUP 2021-22
Yes replays
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

FA Cup Third Round Qualifying

• Hanley Town1Brackley Town1
• AFC Dunstable2Peterborough Sports3
• AFC Sudbury1Cheshunt0
• Atherton Collieries0Marine0
• Aylesbury United0Ebbsfleet United1
• Basford United0Banbury United1
• Bath City5Frome Town0
• Bedfont Sports3Sholing3
• Boston United4East Thurrock United0
• Bowers & Pitsea2Hornchurch2
• Bromsgrove Sporting1Welwyn Garden City0
• Chelmsford City1Enfield Town0
• Chippenham Town0Hastings United1
• City of Liverpool1Buxton6
• Corinthian-Casuals1Wingate & Finchley1
• Curzon Ashton4Cleethorpes Town0
• Dorking Wanderers1Weston-super-Mare0
• Folkestone Invicta1Gloucester City0
• Guiseley1Blyth Spartans0
• Hampton & Richmond3Wimborne Town1
• Harrow Borough2Marlow1
• Havant & Waterlooville3Billericay Town2
• Hayes & Yeading3Whitehawk2
• Horsham2Eastbourne Borough2
• Hungerford Town3Cirencester Town2
• Leamington3Kettering Town3
• Leiston1Tamworth3
• Maidstone United0Dartford3
• Marske United0Chester0
• Merstham0Hereford2
• Metropolitan Police0St Albans City0
• Pontefract Collieries6Handsworth0
• Radcliffe1Morpeth Town3
• Runcorn Linnets2Gateshead3
• Spennymoor Town0Southport0
• Stamford2Norwich United1
• Stratford Town3Long Eaton United2
• Ware1Kidderminster Harriers1
• Yate Town3Redhill0
• York City2Whitby Town 0


Jersey Bulls 0-1 Chertsey Town (played Sunday)

Chertsey Town beat Jersey Bulls 1-0 in the FA Cup third qualifying round to inflict a first-ever competitive home defeat on the islanders.
Jay Gasson's 33rd-minute strike put the visitors ahead as Chertsey were denied a second by Bulls' goalkeeper Euan van der Vliet shortly before half time.
The Bulls' keeper kept his side in it after the break with two fine saves.
Jay Giles, Kieran Lester, Jake Price and Lorne Bickley all had late efforts as Jersey tried in vain to score.
Eighth-tier Chertsey ended the islanders' first-ever FA Cup campaign two matches short of the first round.
The islanders - who began in the extra preliminary round in August - were only formed in 2019 and had scored 24 goals in six matches to be the competition's top-scorers.

Runcorn Linnets FC 2-3 Gateshead

Report by David 'Bill' Davies

Gateshead are one of only five full-time professional clubs involved in the competition up to this stage, and 'two leagues between the sides was not the full story. Injury absences and the youth of the Runcorn squad put the smart money on a comfortable Gateshead victory, if not a rout.

By 3.05pm that looked a safe bet. Despite the first attempt on goal being a Rhain Hellawell shot for Runcorn that grazed the outside of a post, Gateshead were in front.
Dan Ward cut inside from the left, being given sufficient space to find the net beyond the grasp of Runcorn 'keeper Joe Young.

If the professionals thought they would have a clear physical advantage, they were prompted to think again when Linnets' new signing Evan Gumbs flattened the muscular Ward in winning a 50-50 aerial challenge.
Referee Liam Marshall signalled that Ward had been 'pushed'. However. Mr Marshall was to emulate Tuesday's official in the 3-3 draw with City of Liverpool, with an unpredictable approach to judging foul play. After ten minutes, he couldn't deny that the two defenders it took to bring down Iwan Murray had done so unfairly.

His free-kick from outside the left corner of the penalty area was cleared, but returned to the six-yard box by Joe Lynch, where Ryan Brooke and Gateshead 'keeper Jacob Chapman competed for the ball. It ran loose for Jacques Welsh to plant a shot inside the left post.
Gateshead went on the attack in response to the equaliser. A corner from the right was headed out by O'Mahony, a second effort likewise by Gumbs, and Joe Young's punch finally cleared the danger.
Another corner allowed Ward a header that seemed certain to find the net, but it was blocked brilliantly at point-blank range by the head of Gumbs.

A 22-yard free-kick by Greg Olley flew narrowly wide, but Young had the goal covered.

The dynamics of the game were transformed in the 26th minute. A Murray free-kick from the right was just missed by Brooke, the ball glanced away wide by the bandaged head of Louis Storey.
Alex Nicholson  hit a weak clearance into space outside the penalty area. Runcorn’s Ryan Brooke controlled it and, before anyone could close him down, placed a measured shot in between the 'keeper and the left post.
Gateshead responded with quick moves forward and longer balls into the Runcorn area. Several of those were dealt with confidently by Wylie, Gumbs, O'Mahony and Short. A far more drastic change of tack was almost needed just after the half hour mark. Rhain Hellawell ghosted past Robbie Tinkler and crossed for Iwan Murray to lash an apparently unstoppable shot from six yards. Chapman pulled off a brilliant reflex save, and was called upon again to prevent a 1-3 deficit from the resulting corner when Ryan Brooke beat Ward in the air to head on target, forcing a fingertip deflection over the bar. The double reprieve launched Gateshead on an urgent mission to get back on level terms.

Then, three minutes before the break, a slip from James Short lost possession and the Linnets rearguard finally allowed enough space for a convincing attempt on goal - backing off from Langstaff's turn into the area to open a window for him to curl it inside the far post. It was 2-2 at half-time. Gateshead's player-manager, the ex-Newcastle United centre-back Mike Williamson, took to the pitch for the second half in place of Tinkler, and his team went straight on to the front foot. A cross into the area from the right was headed high by Evan Gumbs and then cleared. The next Gateshead attack wasn't and Cedwyn Scott got himself on the scoresheet at the far post.
Gateshead remained broadly in control of the second half, as of course they should.
On 69 minutes, Runcorn introduced the pace of Dapo Olarewaju to trouble the Gateshead defence. Dapo was immediately involved in a Ryan Brooke advance, which was halted by (perhaps) Greg Olley falling on him like a sumo wrestler. Murray's 25-yard free-kick was repelled by the head of Storey, allowing a Joe Lynch shot that was hooked wide left. Lynch had another stab a minute later, from an Olarewaju pull back after he beat his marker into the area, on target this time and stopped well by Chapman's right boot.

Runcorn efforts in possession never flagged, but they struggled to complete telling passes as their opponents stepped in smartly to frustrate them.
Linnets pressure continued, and into the last ten minutes a late and high two-footed lunge on James Short was deemed acceptable by the referee, before three Runcorn throw-ins from the right in quick succession led to a Dapo cross that was met powerfully by the head of O'Mahony. Chapman came to the rescue yet again, and held on. A minute later, Dapo made his own way into the 18-yard area, where a hand on the back of the opponent tackling him was deemed more injurious than the recent knee-high wiping out of Short.

Runcorn’s Rhain Hellawell cut across three defenders to find Ryan Brooke on the left. The tireless centre-forward beat two men and passed back to Jacques Welsh, who found Hellawell again on the right. His cross was met by Brooke, who headed home to trigger jubilation among most of the magnificent 907 looking on. But the bubble was burst by an offside flag, with no appeals from anyone in Gateshead colours on or off the pitch.
Runconr Linnets: Joe Young, Peter Wylie, James Short, Louis Hayes (Dapo Olarewaju, 69), Evan Gumbs, Sean O'Mahony, Joe Lynch (Eden Gumbs 85), Jacques Welsh, Ryan Brooke, Iwan Murray, Rhain Hellawell. Subs (not used): Carl Spellman, Craig Lindfield, Stuart Crilly, Ollie Heywood, Jordan Monthe. Attendance: 907.

Stamford 2-1 Norwich United


Cameron Johnson fired home an injury-time penalty to send Stamford through to the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup on Saturday.

Johnson kept his cool deep into stoppage time to convert the spot kick with aplomb as the Daniels defeated Norwich United at the Zeeco Stadium.
The Planters had taken a fifth minute lead in the third qualifying round clash when skipper Sam Watts put the lower level visitors ahead.
However, substitute Jack Duffy brought the Daniels level moments after his introduction before Johnson's dramatic late winner.
It was no more than the Daniels deserved as they hit the frame of the goal four times during a dominant display as their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division visitors constantly put their bodies on the line to keep Stamford at bay with a series of last-ditch blocks and challenges.
The Daniels had seen Stacey Freeman return to their starting line-up after missing the midweek draw with Halesowen due to illness.
Jon Challinor came in for the cup-tied Jake Duffy while centre-half Ed Cook was absent due to illness.
Just like the midweek match and their exit from the FA Trophy last weekend, Stamford conceded an early goal as the Planters took a fifth minute lead.
The hosts had cleared Max Melanson's initial corner but the taker and Haydn Davis worked the next opening for Watts to turn home a near post finish.
Stamford, now accustomed to responding after going behind early on, did so again as Challinor drilled a shot straight at Ryan Dickerson while Johnson saw the first of his many efforts blocked after a twisting run.
Connor Bartle then headed over from the resulting corner before Joe Butterworth flashed a shot just wide of the far post after a good link-up with Cosmos Matwasa.
Goalscorer Watts then produced a crucial block to deny Johnson before Freeman's header from the corner was tipped away by Dickerson.
Matwasa had Stamford's next chance only to be denied by the outstretched leg of Dickerson before the Daniels struck the crossbar twice in quick succession.
James Blunden's header from Bartle's inswinging corner was the first to hit the woodwork before Joe Butterworth's sweet strike from outside the area rattled the frame of the goal.
Stamford then suffered another injury setback when skipper Sean Wright was forced off clutching his hamstring.
It forced a reshuffle in the Daniels' ranks but his replacement Duffy made an instant impact by equalising.
Tendai Chitiza's low cross was turned goalwards by Duffy and, although it wasn't the sweetest connection the in-form frontman will make, it was enough to get past Dickerson.
Stamford continued to pour forward in the final stages of the first half and Bartle nearly gave them the lead on the stroke of half-time only to be denied again by Dickerson.
The interval came at the wrong time for the Daniels and allowed United to regroup with Alby Matthews testing Dan Wallis in the opening exchanges of the second half.
Haydn Davis then had a shot deflected wide before Stamford responded again with Matwasa heading past the post from Bartle's cross.
Visiting skipper Watts then produced another brilliant block to deny Johnson from close range before the Stamford striker was thwarted by Dickerson's legs in the next promising Daniels raid.
Mike Armstrong was the next Stamford player to see his well-struck effort deflected wide before the Daniels struck the post via a visiting defender from Chitiza's cross.
Johnson then saw his free-kick from just outside the area tipped to safety by Dickerson before United's top scorer Luke Jackson skied a decent opening as the ball fell to him in the box.
Another sweeping Stamford move found Duffy whose shot across the goal was deflected onto the post by a defender.
Just when it seemed like a replay would be needed to settle the contest, Armstrong hung a deep post into the box and Chitiza got there marginally ahead of goalkeeper Dickerson who flattened the Stamford man.
Referee Jamie O'Connor had no hesitation in pointing to the spot and, after a delay for treatment to Chitiza, Johnson fired the penalty into the top corner of the United net to spark mass celebrations in the Stamford ranks.
There was just enough time for United to kick-off and launch the ball forward before referee O'Connor blew his whistle for full time as Stamford secured their place in the fourth qualifying round for the second time in six seasons.

Stratford Town 3-2 Long Eaton United

For the first time in the club’s 80 year history Stratford made it through to the 4th Round Qualifying of the Emirates FA Cup. The reward, £5,625 in prize money and the opportunity to take on one of the big boys from the National League. ‘Dream on, dream on.”

Not even a dank and dreary early October afternoon could dampen the spirits of an enthusiastic crowd hoping to enjoy an FA Cup clash with history in the making. The 4th Round Qualifying would be a milestone for either club and the tension was palpable. The pitch was in excellent condition and the opening minutes saw the quality of Stratford’s passing game with Grocott finding Ahmed whose cross was screwed narrowly wide by Gordon.
Long Eaton’s Parker received a yellow on 6 minutes for a foul on Ahmed as the tricky winger threatened to run riot. But out of nothing Long Eaton took the lead on 10 minutes. A free kick from deep was not dealt with by the Bards’ defence  and Walker forced the ball home from close range. There was an immediate response from Stratford with Andoh breaking clear on the left only to see his shot go narrowly wide.
The Bards pressed and following a Grocott corner Andoh leveled things up from close range. As Stratford took charge they were in front on 31 minutes when a sumptuous ball from Sammons saw Grocott one on one with the keeper with the Bards’ skipper making no mistake.

The game took another twist on 38 minutes. In Kieran Walker Long Eaton have prodigious long throw expert and his expertise threatened the Stratford defence all afternoon long. Walker’s monstrous throw found the head of Graham and it was all square.

The second half saw the Bards grab the initiative. Grocott was denied a goal in the 46th minute following good work by Isaac. Jebbison was wasteful with a header for Long Eaton. O’Brien was to make one fine save for the Bards but the excellent Sam Wilson was the far busier of the two keepers. There were impressive saves from Gordon and Andoh and Ahmed had the ball in the net only to be ruled offside.
The decisive goal came on 83 minutes after great work from Dawes that left the Long Eaton defence flustered and Lewis Wilson blasted home from close range. The Bards closed the game down, there were to be no more scares and history was made!

“If it be thus to dream, still let me sleep.’ Twelfth Night.’
Attendance: 275

City of Liverpool FC 1-6 Buxton

After a dearth of clear openings created and a blank score-sheet recorded on Tuesday, 'the Bucks' ensured their passage to the final qualifying round for the first time in 4 years with an abundance of clinical finishing on the Wirral on Saturday in a convincing response to last December's 'Trophy' defeat.

'The Bucks' made the most of their good fortune with the weather far less inclement than elsewhere, settling quickly to their task on the immaculate grass surface and going close in the 12th minute as both Tommy Elliott and Warren Clarke all but got a scoring touch to Diego de Girolamo's pull-back from the by-line. Five minutes later Chris Dawson did find the net with a 20-yard low drive just inside a post.
'The Purps' responded positively only to be thwarted by a fine Elliott recovery run and tackle in midfield, then skipper Burke (ex-F.C. Utd) at quarter-time got away his side's first shot ,but in the 26th minute a venomous Clarke 20-yard volley, set up by a Jamie Ward pass, made it 2-0 barely a minute after he had switched to the left flank. On the half-hour the scorer could have made it 3-0 but ex-Buxton loanee 'keeper, Theo Roberts, produced his best save to keep an accurate drive out of the top corner. However, only a minute later Buxton did score again, James Hurst heading home powerfully following a rehearsed short-corner routine. The visitors ruthlessly continued to press forward, displaying the fluency in passing that has become a hallmark of this team and on half-time good work by Josh Granite and Matt Curley at the back played Ward in behind the defence for an unchallenged 1-on-1 situation and there was no doubting his confidence in converting stylishly for a 4-0 interval lead.

Even though the tie was effectively over, the 2nd half proved very watchable, with 'the Bucks' hungry for more goals and 'the Purps' persistent and plucky, despite losing midfielder Hazlehurst, the hero of last season's meeting, to a 2nd (and harsh) caution shortly before the hour. By then 'the Bucks' had gone 5-up,Ward netting comfortably from Clarke's left-flank cross just 4 minutes into the second period. Immediately afterwards Buxton made a first substitution, followed in the last quarter by 2 more, with opportunities sensibly given to Academy players, Jack Dillingham and Ewan Catt. The changes did nothing to disrupt the team's fluency and it was Theo Roberts who denied Ward his hat-trick just after the hour, as a 4 on 3 counter set up his chance. Nonethelless, in the 68th minute, Elliott became the 5th individual scorer in making it 6-0,prodding onto a post and into goal a Ward pull-back, his last action before substitution. The visitors continued to attack effectively with Elliott and Dawson combining to feed Clarke for a 15-yard rising drive narrowly over the angle, then Elliott set up Diego but he couldn't get his shot away, followed by substitute Akeem Hinds twice being thwarted at the far post, firstly by a defender then by the well-placed Theo, who finally made another fine save from a Diego effort.

The hosts did create one moment of satisfaction as Burke netted an 88th-minute consolation with a firm, low, angled shot that went in off the far post, but the mid-table Division One (West) outfit was well-beaten at a club not visited by Buxton since the days of the N.W. Floodlit League more than 40 years ago. So 'the Bucks' march into the 4th qualifying round, having scored 17 goals in 3 ties plus a replay, and now await Monday's draw ahead of the club's 8th attempt at this stage to reach the first-round proper for the first time since 1962!

FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round:

Northern draw
• Atherton Collieries or Marine vs Wrexham
• Marske United or Chester vs Gateshead
• Curzon Ashton vs Chesterfield
• Hanley Town or Brackley Town vs Guiseley
• Hereford vs Solihull Moors
• Pontefract vs FC Halifax Town
• York City vs Morpeth Town
• Leamington or Kettering Town vs Buxton
• Boston United vs Stratford Town
• Stockport County vs Stamford
• Spennymoor Town or Southport vs Altrincham
• Tamworth vs Notts County
• King’s Lynn Town vs Peterborough Sports
• Bromsgrove Sporting vs Grimsby Town

FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round :
Southern draw
• Ebbsfleet United vs Hampton & Richmond Borough
• Horsham or Eastbourne Borough vs Woking
• Dorking Wanderers vs Hayes & Yeading United
• Corinthian-Casuals or Wingate & Finchley vs Metropolitan Police or St Albans City
• Maidenhead United vs Hastings United
• Bedfont Sports or Sholing vs Ware or Kidderminster Harriers
• Hungerford Town vs Bromley
• Harrow Borough vs Chelmsford City
• Wealdstone vs Dagenham and Redbridge
• AFC Sudbury vs Dartford
• Banbury United vs Bath City
• Barnet vs Boreham Wood
• Yeovil Town vs Weymouth
• Eastleigh vs Folkestone Invicta
• Bowers & Pitsea or Hornchurch vs Aldershot Town
• Dover Athletic vs Yate Town
• Torquay United vs Havant & Waterlooville
• Southend United vs Cherstey Town
Bromsgrove Sporting 0 Grimsby Town 5
AFC Sudbury 3 Dartford 1
Banbury United 1 Bath City 0
Barnet 0 Boreham Wood 1
Bedfont Sports 0 Kidderminster Harriers 1
Boston United 1 Stratford Town 1
Bowers & Pitsea 2 Aldershot Town 1
Brackley Town 1 Guiseley 1
Corinthian-Casuals 1 St Albans City 1
Curzon Ashton 0 Chesterfield 4
Dorking Wanderers 2 Hayes & Yeading 2
Dover Athletic 1 Yate Town 1
Eastleigh 3 Folkestone Invicta 3
Ebbsfleet United 2 Hampton & Richmond 0
Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford City 2
Hereford 0 Solihull Moors 1
Horsham 1 Woking 0
Hungerford Town 1 Bromley 2
Kettering Town 2 Buxton 2
King's Lynn Town 2 Peterborough Sports 1
Maidenhead United 3 Hastings United 1
Marine 1 Wrexham 1
Marske United 0 Gateshead 0
Pontefract Collieries 0 FC Halifax Town 0
Southend United 4 Chertsey Town 1
Southport 2 Altrincham 3
Stockport County 3 Stamford 0
Tamworth 0 Notts County 0
Torquay United 2 Havant & Waterlooville 2
Wealdstone 1 Dagenham & Redbridge 2
Yeovil Town 1 Weymouth 1
York City 1 Morpeth Town 1


Buxton 3 Kettering Town 1
FC Halifax Town 1 Pontefract Collieries 0
Folkestone Invicta 2 Eastleigh 3
Gateshead 3 Marske United 2
Guiseley 2 Brackley Town 1
Hayes & Yeading 2 Dorking Wanderers 2
AET Hayes & Yeading win 4-3 on penalties
Morpeth Town 1 York City 3
Notts County 4 Tamworth 0
St Albans City 1 Corinthian-Casuals 1
AET St Albans City win 4-2 on penalties
Stratford Town 3 Boston United 2
Weymouth 1 Yeovil Town 1
AET Yeovil Town win 2-1 on penalties
Wrexham 2 Marine 0
THE FA CUP 1st Round Proper

Scunthorpe United 0 Doncaster Rovers 1
AFC Wimbledon 1 Guiseley 0
Boreham Wood 2 Eastleigh 0
Bradford City 1 Exeter City 1
Carlisle United 2 Horsham 0
Charlton Athletic 4 Havant & Waterlooville 0
Chesterfield 3 Southend United 1
Crawley Town 0 Tranmere Rovers 1
Crewe Alexandra 0 Swindon Town 3
FC Halifax Town 7 Maidenhead United 4
Fleetwood Town 1 Burton Albion 2
Gateshead 2 Altrincham 2
Harrogate Town 2 Wrexham 1
Hartlepool United 2 Wycombe Wanderers 2
Hayes & Yeading 0 Sutton United 1
Ipswich Town 1 Oldham Athletic 1
Kidderminster Harriers 1 Grimsby Town 0
King's Lynn Town 0 Walsall 1
Leyton Orient 1 Ebbsfleet United 0
Lincoln City 1 Bowers & Pitsea 0
Milton Keynes Dons 2 Stevenage 2
Morecambe 1 Newport County 0
Northampton Town 2 Cambridge United 2
Port Vale 5 Accrington Stanley 1
Portsmouth 1 Harrow Borough 0
Rotherham United 3 Bromley 0
Sunderland 0 Mansfield Town 1
Wigan Athletic 0 Solihull Moors 0
Yate Town 0 Yeovil Town 5
York City 0 Buxton 1
Banbury United 0 Barrow 4


Dagenham & Redbridge 0 Salford City 1


Sheffield Wednesday 0 Plymouth Argyle 0
Oxford United 2 Bristol Rovers 2
Bolton Wanderers 2 Stockport County 2
Rochdale 1 Notts County 1
Stratford Town 1 Shrewsbury Town 5
St Albans City 3 Forest Green Rovers 2
What was good on Saturday was that virtually all the games kicked off at 3 pm
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

I went to the Bolton v Stockport tie where it finished 2:2. I then watched the replay last night on TV and both games were bonkers but hugely entertaining.

The Stockport fans at Bolton were fantastic and it appeared that they were the same last night. Despite giving Bolton 2 goals and deflecting the shot in for the third Stockport eventually ran out 5 :3 winners in extra time so well done to them.

I must admit I left Boltons stadium feeling thoroughly entertained and I haven't felt like that for a long time when leaving a ground..........helped to be a neutral of course but the game still captured my attention for 90 minutes. It was also good to see Eoin Doyle score in the first tie, a player who was with us in the 2012/13 era. Unfortunately he was injured for last night.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)