Thread Rating:
Freedom Day
Just wondering how you feel about the lifting of all restrictions in England on the 19th July?

With rising cases even with some restrictions still in place, albeit with less deaths, I'm sure they'll rocket when Freedom Day comes round.

As someone who had to shield and then decided to retire in August (as I worked as a Pharmacy Dispenser, I felt I would always be at risk at work), I'll admit I'm scared about it. Of course, I'd like to return to normality but what is the point of what I did last year if I throw myself back in?! 

I can't see that I'll go without a mask in public places and a full stadium worries me, not that we're likely to see that at our ground; for one thing, the underachievements of the last couple of seasons has dissuaded many from renewing! Added to that, like a lot of people nationwide, jobs have been lost and some people won't have the money to renew.

I am supposed to be going on a hen party on the 31st July. I'm not sure now. Whilst I have been going to coffee shops and garden centres, I haven't been in a pub. You just know that sense goes out of the window when booze is involved. I was taking a little confidence from the fact we were likely to have table service but I expect that will disappear on this "magical all is now ok with the world" Freedom Day. I suspect I'll be sending my apologies and back out.

Your thoughts on our brave new world?
ritchiebaby and Lord Snooty like this post
Hopefully the vaccine will help but cases are just going to rocket. And the government have even admitted as such.

We thought Hancock couldn't be as bad as Hunt. Wrong!

And now we thought Javid couldn't be as bad as Hancock. Hmmm!
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Only thing that will change is you can stand at the bar and go clubbing every one is out it’s busier than ever
As for cases increasing with 86% of the population now having one jab immunity is increasing as for our high numbers we are testing four times many people than Europe my lads have a friendly on Saturday sold 1300 tickets can’t go unless you provide two negative flow tests
Forget the infections it’s hospitalisations and deaths that are important
One final point Cancer treatment is being missed that will kill more than Covid
Get out there life’s too short get ready for 17/8/21 the boys are in town
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

I just want an excuse to get out of the hen party..  Whistle

We've got the massive in town on the 1st! We'll have lost to bigger clubs than you by the 17th.  Laugh
themaclad likes this post
Every time you go in a car you take a risk especially if I’m behind you, go and enjoy yourself simple as
I went in a pub on Sunday was ace first time since February 2020 I will be doing it again
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post

The only thing I would point out is that if it's important to socially distance and wear a mask on 18 July, then it doesn't suddenly become unimportant on 19 July. And don't expect it to be a true "Freedom Day" for millions of citizens.
Cabbage is still good for you
They should still be worn on public transport and places like supermarkets. If you can't do that for the small amount of time you're in there, well there's summat wrong with ya.
I shall carry on wearing mine for a long time yet. All this social distancing and mask wearing has meant I've not picked up anybody's germs in over a year. It's brilliant.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I've got mixed feelings about it when it comes here, likely in august.

I think letting it rip through the younger generation is an extremely risky thing to do, and could potentially end up colliding with the flu season when it comes - overwhelming the NHS again. I would have held back until we hit the 85% vaccination threshold.

On the other hand I understand that people are suffering and need to get back to living again. But removing the need for masks on public transport is just madness. Only this government could palm off public health to the realms of "personal responsibility" with barely a squeak of dissent.
That’s the thing Jim before the Pandemic we took responsibility for what we did in life that to a certain extent has been eroded over the last 18 months time it came back
If people want to wear masks that entirely up to them same with not wearing them down to personal choice as it should be
When I’m back on the big computer I will post something else

(07-07-2021, 12:38)themaclad Wrote: That’s the thing Jim before the Pandemic we took responsibility for what we did in life that to a certain extent has been eroded over the last 18 months time it came back
If people want to wear masks that entirely up to them same with not wearing them down to personal choice as it should be
When I’m back on the big computer I will post something else

"time it came back"

We are still in the midst of a world health crisis. Governments need to lead the way. This is just Boris's way of saying he cant be arsed with it any more.

I’m as bored of this as everyone else and want my life back , but I do not want people to die or get sick unnecessarily.
Amelia Chaffinch, ritchiebaby, Lord Snooty like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »