Thread Rating:
Wimbledon 2021
He's gone. Hurkacz beaten Federer in 3 sets; 6-0 in the last one. Hurkacz you have a fan for life!
6-0 in the 3rd set. Federer's first ever zero in a set at Wimbledon.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Could it be the last time we see Federer at Wimbledon??
He certainly didn't look like himself. Commentators speculating on whether he'll be back or not. Saying if he doesn't think he can win it, he won't be back.

If that's the case, it's goodnight Roger and out.
(07-07-2021, 19:16)St Charles Owl Wrote: Could it be the last time we see Federer at Wimbledon??

No, I'm afrraid he'll turn up and sit in the box or commentate!  Big Grin

If he wants another title, he'll have to do what others have done before; enter the doubles or mixed doubles.

He's delighted us long enough, though, lets see some newbies.
Bjorn Borg never came back. Well not for a long time anyway.
How disrespectful do the experts sound? Surprising that Hurkacz has done this? Where's it come from? He's seeded 14th. Someone must have thought he had a chance! Seeds go out too early, lesser seeded or unseeded players do better than expected. Happens every year!

Shocking that Federer has gone out like this? Well, where his seeding is concerned; no 6, he's got to exactly where he was expected to; the last 8! Yay, they got one right!
Lord Snooty likes this post
(07-07-2021, 19:20)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 19:16)St Charles Owl Wrote: Could it be the last time we see Federer at Wimbledon??

No, I'm afrraid he'll turn up and sit in the box or commentate!  Big Grin

If he wants another title, he'll have to do what others have done before; enter the doubles or mixed doubles.

He's delighted us long enough, though, lets see some newbies.

Yes, he, Venus and Andy Murray are staring at the same decision!!
Well, Venus was giving it a go with Kyrigios, I suppose, but he got injured in the men's doubles.

I think Andy's problems were match practice rather than physical or age ability. He must think he's still got it in him with him accepting the position in the Olympics team. I hope so because it's a waste of a place otherwise!
Got to fancy Djokovic to do the clean sweep now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »