Thread Rating:
L16 - England vs Germany - 29th June
(25-06-2021, 15:33)hibeejim21 Wrote: Thing is I think England also struggle to break down sides that sit in and get numbers behind the ball.  That type of game suits neither side, Germany are quite an attacking side and the likes of robin "the goose" Gosens is particularly great to watch when they are on the front foot. I'm expecting it to be quite open and exciting, maybe even go to extra time.

England have players like Sancho and Bellingham who know all about these German players, and that might come in handy on the night.

It might just be 'end of days' for this German side before their new manager takes over., I'd be surprised if they went quietly though.

I agree, when teams park the bus we struggle to break them down because we keep passing the ball around and looking for an opening instead of taking a shot from outside the area which might surprise the opposing goalkeeper. That was one of the problems in the 2018 World Cup Semi-final, the Croatian goalkeeper in that game wasn't fully fit and all we needed to do was take some shots from outside the area to test him and we might have got another 2-3 goals but instead we played possession football and tried to walk the ball into the net. France in the final knew the keeper wasn't fully fit and managed to take advantage of it.

Germany are very good at set-pieces and dead ball situations and I think that's where England are most vulnerable especially from corners.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »