Thread Rating:
UEFA Champs League quali draw - it is FC Midtjylland!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57496921

So Celtic and Ange Postecoglou will be up against a fairly tough 2nd round CL tie v the Danish Champions. This one will be an interesting encounter and not the first time that the Hoops have played this particular opponent.
FT 1-1 and a mad 7min period by Nir Bitton during the 1st half absolutely made this result when Celtic 1-0 ahead through a well deserved debut goal by Abadi and Celtic "cruising" against the Danish league champions. Bitton picking up two yellow cards inside 7mins and the second one deserving of a massive fine for a sheer lack of discipline in "lifting his hands" to confront a Danish forward who was eventually booked for "diving" in the Hoops' pen box. He is an experienced defender with no excuses re this behaviour. Indeed I recall he picked up a silly red card last season v Rangers at Ibronx at a point when Celtic "on the ascendency" and then beaten after that red card. Now they have a bigger challenge in Denmark v opponents who were not that good and Celtic definitely the better side in this CL quali tie.
From what I saw they could have won the game with 10 men too. But that goalie isn't fit for purpose.
On top of that they need about 4 or 5 players pronto if they are to challenge for the league.

The big Aussie seems a likeable enough bloke.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57844402

I can't figure out why this awful goalie, Barkas, is being retained by Celtic????? It is a big conundrum and I can only assume it is relative to terminating a generous contract that should never have been agreed during that period when they couldn't get Forster back from Southampton. Anyway, Ajer off to Brentford and Celtic immediately move in to sign the Swedish international defender, Carl Starfelt, a good move to acquire such a tough, experienced defender like this Swede.
SKY saying Ajer away for 13.5 million plus add ons.

Huns in a rage on social media as they still cant seem to sell any of their players for top dollar. Making up pish about Kamara going to Juve and trying to punt totem pole face around every club in the world to no avail.
The reticence from their loyal press/media people is breathtaking re the fact that they need to sell players to turn around the massive debt that is attached to RFC and was a huge factor in them ever attaining success at all. And what an eyeopener re their deferment to unveil their league flag until mid September!! So they can theoretically fill their stadium full of their adoring fans and show off their league title win of last season - a bit late I'm afraid and TALK ABOUT "REALLY WANTING TO MILK IT"!!! And after all their previous COVID shit/shenanigans by them and their poisonous fans - it sums them up in a nutshell - a joke!!
Sensation! Celtic KO'd from the DEuro Champs League. I expected their elimination, but not against this Danish team, a side that was not as good as Celtic in the 1st leg in Glesca. Lost 2-1 in ET and, as said previously, not enough newly signed up players in the 1st team yet. Clearly not the start to the season that Celtic and Postecoglou wanted. Lotsa work to do in the coming weeks to piece together a reasonably decent side compared with the one that staggered through season 2020-21.
That was just bizarre Laugh

The game was very winnable from what I saw, great goal from mcgregor. Then they seemed to tire completely, and in extra time they were just a joke.

Their board have totally hung this Aussie fella out to dry.

I wouldnae be surprised if we end up with some bids for nisbet and doig very soon. Make sure we get every penny we are due if thats the case.
Massive blow for Celtic and their hopes of challenging Rangers!!! Will give them midweeks off but that is about the only positive.
Think they drop to the Europa qualifiers next SCO, so it might not even do that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »