Thread Rating:
New manager
Huge respect for Ken not only getting this deal over the line, but having a long term plan. Welcome Valerien Ismael. It’s good that they have the foresight and not the usual short term plan now along with Ken and Pearce get some new faces in the door. There could be fun in pre season this bloke has them as fit as a fiddle I think if they don’t quickly buy into his ideas they will be out the door.
I'm very happy with appointment. He was a no-nonsense centre half in his day so he should tighten up our defence while bringing in a fresh, new identity for the club.

He plays with a 343 formation so I assume that we'll see that put into place. Furlong/Phillips and Townsend as the wing-backs should be fine but we'll need a couple of solid, centre midfield players to make it work.

Welcome Valérien Ismaël.

Button
O'Shea - Bartley - new CB
Phillips - Sawyers - new DM - Townsend
Diangana - new ST - Robinson

The above could be like what VI will bring in.
Goody goody gum drops.
Good!
I like the idea of looking further forward than what is normal for us..... suddenly I am optimistic about things!
The Smethwick (when they're back) will beckon him when he appears out the tunnel:-

"Won't you come on over, Valerien"
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
It'll be good to know what backing the board will give him re £'s. And as they are on lower wages, who of our top earners will they let go? Bearing in mind they want to get back in the Prem.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
I'm pleased with this appointment and also what I've read about our new HC. We seem to have a HC who will get players 100% fit and ensure they give 100% in games. I'd much rather have technically inferior players who give everything, or players trying to prove themselves than a bunch of prima donna's who only care about their own image.
Definitely.
I do agree, Drewks..........

(but so did Pulis Whistle )
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
“But I don’t need the best players. I need the right players in their position”. I like this fella!
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(05-07-2021, 20:35)BaggieSteve Wrote: “But I don’t need the best players. I need the right players in their position”. I like this fella!

“It’s not a secret, Sam Johnstone and Matheus Pereira are the two players who can leave,” he said. “It’s my expectation they will leave.

“I don’t need the best players, I need the right players and even if they leave we will find the right solution.

“After I signed I had some video calls with all the players and it was the first time I spoke with Matheus, we spoke openly about the situation.

“I don’t have a problem. It’s very simple, you are in or you are out. But, if you are in, you are 100 per cent.

“At the minute he is 100 per cent focused and I can’t say anything else.”

DD Angel Angel
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »