Thread Rating:
Hawthorn, Rose and Fairydean
After all the goals over the weekend there won't be a city derby in the Final, but there will be 2 city derbies in the Semi-finals.

Quarter-final Results
Hearts 4 v 2 St Mirren
Dundee United 0 v 3 Celtic
Dundee 0 v 3 Rangers
Motherwell 1 v 2 Hibernian

Now Hibs take on Hearts in the pick of the Semi-finals, while Celtic and Rangers are the support game. I wonder which tie the BBC will get?
Cabbage is still good for you
The dates and times for the Scottish Cup semi-finals have been confirmed, across the weekend of 16/17 April.

Scottish Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final Fixtures

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian: Saturday, 16 April, kick-off 12:15pm (Live on Premier Sports and BBC Scotland)

Celtic v Rangers: Sunday, 17 April, kick-off 2pm (Live on Premier Sports)
Scottish Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final Results
Heart of Midlothian 2 v 1 Hibernian
Celtic 1 v 2 Rangers

Finally we reach the Final which will be Hearts v Rangers on Saturday 21 May at Hampden. I'm not supporting any particular team, as I'm not in the least biased - I don't mind who beats Rangers! Whistle
Inverurie Jambo likes this post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/61458422

Rangers lift the Scottish Cup after a dreadful cup final, one of the worst SC finals for a long time that ended in a 0-0 score line after 90 mins. No "Willie Young" final win for Hertz this time (although that "dodgy" ref, Gollum, had his usual astounding moments of poor decision making that had a lotta folk "scratching their heads in bemusement"!) and Craig Gordon put in a very good performance as usual, but couldn't stop the inevitable! Gordon saying his team "gave it their best shot" v a Rangers B starting line up? NOT ONE SHOT ON TARGET IN THE WHOLE GAME CRAIG!! And v some RFC players who had previously played days earlier in another dreadful final, a Euro one, that had been played out in Seville for 120 mins in 34 deg C heat. So another Scottish Cup tourney concludes with the Huns picking up the trophy after a 13 year wait. It sadly looks like the Glesca duopoly is starting to materialise with very few domestic trophy wins gonna be registered for other Scot footie clubs in years to come. That's the reality of the situation as it becomes clear lotsa money is a key factor in attaining some form of success and the "spectre" of a revitalised and strengthening Celtic team, coupled with their "wealth factor") is gonna be difficult to compete with.
To be fair, I think Rangers deserved their victory. I did have a flashback to 2016 when Hearts won a corner from the same spot as SDG's winning goal with a couple of minutes to go, but Hearts didn't have a Liam Henderson to take it. and it went straight to McLaughlin.
Of course they deserved to win that cup final! No debate re that issue whatsoever and the stats don't lie. Indeed Hertz very fortunate to reach ET anyway. However, as a footie spectacle, it was a poor match - not a great advert for Scot footie TBF!! Also GVB's tactical "nous" in this game exemplary with his use of certain secondary players due to other player injuries and tiredness and notable that the goal scorers were both "impact subs", key players brought on to force through a winning result.
Sevco didn't dominate the game but they had the best chances, Hearts had frustrated them quite well up until the last quarter then they couldn't get out their half and started dropping with cramp. Once again the huns went into extra time and looked the fitter team than their opponents, this time one that had a weeks more rest than them ..... Hmmm.

Hertz offered nothing though, really poor to get to a final and not even have a shot on target. They looked like they could barely string a pass together for much of the time. Gordon should have saved the first at least as well, it was hit well but straight at him.

The game was so tedious that the highpoint was the shots of Morelos in the stand looking like some kind of latino michelin man Laugh Laugh
0762 likes this post
The unsmiling "fat boy" eh!! Maybe he was suffering from indigestion lol! Laugh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »