Thread Rating:
One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!!
I don't think NL cares any more and there could be a "siege mentality" in this action as Ritchie suggested. We'll see how they take on Livy tomorrow night on their artificial pitch and if they start early in wiping the smugness off Livy players' faces by literally "kicking them off the pitch". Then we'll know that Lenny's siege mentality has infected his players. If not, then they prob drop pts again.
You’d think Celtic would just get rid of Lennon now, give a new man time to prepare a squad for next season, club needs change from top to bottom.
It'll depend on how much time (and money) remains on Lennon's contract. It might be better to wait for a sackable offence or for Lennon to quit.
Cabbage is still good for you
Could be another "Hibs moment" for Lennon eh! Rolleyes Also re replacing him, I don't see an obvious replacement for NL at the current time unless they miraculously recalled the "smooth, cool" Brendan Rodgers to Celtic Park. Also noticeable that there have been no transfer activities to move out some of the "dead wood"/players who want to leave Celtic FC plus move in about three to four decent players to compete for goalie, centre back, midfield and wing positions. No transfer activity yet apart from a lotta speculation! Why?? Surely a lotta questions re this issue alone should be raised with Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell.
Would certainly be a miracle to get Rodgers back at Celtic Park.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Rodgers is going in the other direction, he will end up with one of the top English jobs soon - a Chelsea or Arsenal maybe. He's a top, top coach who carried respect on the training ground and acted like a professional at all times with the media. Him up against warbiola,murty or caixinha was just cruelty really.

I think celtic are going to let Lennon see out the season and already have someone lined up for the summer. I read somewhere that Desmond is putting his son on the board of directors - and like with Gordon at hibs thats a key indicator of him taking more of a 'hands on' role come the summer.
HerefordBull likes this post
(22-01-2021, 02:05)hibeejim21 Wrote: Rodgers is going in the other direction, he will end up with one of the top English jobs soon - a Chelsea or Arsenal maybe. He's a top, top coach who carried respect on the training ground and acted like a professional at all times with the media. Him up against warbiola,murty or caixinha was just cruelty really.

I think celtic are going to let Lennon see out the season and already have someone lined up for the summer. I read somewhere that Desmond is putting his son on the board of directors - and like with Gordon at hibs thats a key indicator of him taking more of a 'hands on' role come the summer.

Yes, Rogers next move is likely to be to Man City when Pep goes or maybe even Liverpool when Klopp moves on, or as you say Chelsea when the can Lampard. I would imagine he is also eyeing possibilities at other big Champions League teams from other countries. No way could I see him going back to Celtic except maybe as a last hurrah at the end of his career.
I think that's why the two words "miraculous" and "miracle" were used in separate threads to emphasise the point there was no possibility that Rodgers would come anywhere near a soccer "backwater" called Scottish footie again Rolleyes I think the main point being made was that there was no stand out replacement who could naturally come in to replace Lennon at this current time anyway. Another important factor to mention is that few reputable managers would come anywhere near this position mainly because of the malaise/negativity attached to the team. Better to leave it and let Lennon "see it out" until season end. I'm still curious if Celtic try to transfer in better players and offload some of the "dross" that is clearly visible in certain areas of the 1st team. Also note a lotta people forget that Celtic have not actually lost that many domestic matches this season. Their prob is attaining a record number of drawn matches that they have not been able to win. They'd still be "in with a shout" if they'd "turned around" just four of these drawn matches as there were a few of them that were tight affairs. However, still too many probs with certain players who are not of a Celtic standard, COVID incidents/key player absences definitely a factor in disrupting team prep and stability and key "strikes" at crucial points in tight matches almost non-existent.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »