Thread Rating:
Black lives matter? Not for Jacob Blake!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/no-...d=msedgdhp

So it looks like a sham of a self-defence reason presented by a Kenosha Co Police Officer named Sheskey is enough to let him off scot-free in a court of law. Note the details of his self-defence excuse centres on shooting his victim in the back SEVEN TIMES!!!!????? WTF is wrong with the proper application of true justice against what appears to be racist Police officers????? I wonder if the Police killers of George Floyd are gonna be "specially protected" in the same way and, if this subversion of the law materialises again, what reaction will follow on the streets of lotsa US cities??? A shocker and a sign that institutional racism is still "alive and kicking" in the "land of the free". I recommend to anybody who doubts this assertion please watch a Netflix documentary named "The 13th" i.e. the 13th resolution of the American constitution. It gives a viewer a historical education on said racism that extends from US Presidents to corporate/wealthy backers who assist in compiling and passing highly questionable laws such as eg defending your ground. Plus there is much more in revealing how black leaders have been systematically assassinated by the US state, a process of eliminating any threat to a white dominated US society. Call it an enlightenment and it is a real shocker that depicts a form of terrorism and genocide against black citizens.
Lord Snooty likes this post
At last, the George Floyd court case finally being arranged to take place in a Minneapolis court house that has been heavily fortified!! So the main perpetrator of Floyd's unnecessary death, a Police officer named Chauvin, will appear in court in a couple of weeks and I notice the Prosecution Counsel wishes to introduce the poss charge of 3rd degree murder as the defence try to wriggle past a murder charge, arguing that it was an accident - HE DIDNAE MEAN IT????? Not based on the video evidence son!!! Rolleyes Note that no Police officer in the United States has ever been convicted for this kinda offence against a black American citizen.
Breaking news! Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges - justice for George Floyd at last! IMO this is one small step in the quest to impose a fairer system of law enforcement, pragmatic and accountable policing that applies to all citizens and the eradication of this poisonous element in US society when it comes to this kinda stuff. There is still a long way to go!
ritchiebaby and St Charles Owl like this post
0762, correct. For so many years acts of brutality by police officers has gone unpunished but the advent of body cams and cameras on phones means we now often are getting a decent video of the events. These things should be used to not only convict but also to exonerate where that is the case. Police officers in this country have a tough job on their best days, and we must not lose sight of that but they are not the judge, jury and in this case executioner. Floyd was no angel, he deserved to be arrested but it was not Chauvin's right to deliver a verdict!!

From a personal perspective I am so glad that an obvious guilty verdict was delivered, if this had gone the other way then I fear cities would have burned down tonight!! MLK always preached the need for non-violent protest, that needs to be the case now as well. Any protest that ends in violence loses credibility and MLK saw this and recognised that if there was violence it was going to be perpetrated by the authorities against peaceful protests, not by the protestors. I don't include looting in that though, that is criminal activity by opportunist thieves using protests as their vehicle, they should have the book thrown at them.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/courts/de...hp&pc=U531

Derek Chauvin finally sentenced to 22.5 years imprisonment for the murder of George Floyd and possible closure will hopefully ensue after a long period of litigation, debate and soul-searching. But Floyd never forgotten by his immediate family (and others) re an extreme event that really should never have happened at all.
Or for poor Dalian Atkinson.

Read the report on his death, absolutely horrific.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »