Thread Rating:
WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE JOE BARTON
(29-05-2015, 13:12)Stairs Wrote: I thought this was one of those caption competitions:

"WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE JOEY BARTON...... complete the sentence"

Surely should read Complete his sentence. DD  Huh Huh
talkSAFT likes this post
Ubique.
(29-05-2015, 13:12)Stairs Wrote: I thought this was one of those caption competitions:

Bang on Stairs but I would suggest a slight amendment to 

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE JOEY BARTON.................................

Mess himself on the pitch, as apposed to, mess up on the pitch. Doh
Sorry BBB but are you out of your mind? Joey the thug Barton? Have you forgotten this mans history? He shouldn't even be playing football with the criminal acts he's somehow got away with. Honestly mate I give up if you think he would be a good addition to our team. With all the comments that TP has had about not playing beautiful football that we demand of the Albion unrealistically IMO given the finances and quality of players we attract and have. You honestly think Barton would add something we need? Sorry mate no offence but wtf?
I think mobility is the issue we need to address in the middle of the park.

Would ideally improve upon Yacob with a more mobile, athletic centre midfielder. Someone
like Capoue from Spurs who we were linked with in January.

I don't see where Barton would improve us. He's past his prime, isn't mobile and has been
treading water as a Premier League player since his Man City days. I was all for releasing
Mulumbu and improving them with better quality, but Barton IMO would be a backwards
step IMO - especially considering he's well into his 30s...
If you're only prepared to give Joey Barton 6/10, why would you be happy to see him in an Albion shirt? He's a liability.
(31-05-2015, 00:28)valpayne Wrote: Sorry BBB but are you out of your mind? Joey the thug Barton? Have you forgotten this mans history? He shouldn't even be playing football with the criminal acts he's somehow got away with. Honestly mate I give up if you think he would be a good addition to our team. With all the comments that TP has had about not playing beautiful football that we demand of the Albion unrealistically IMO given the finances and quality of players we attract and have. You honestly think Barton would add something we need? Sorry mate no offence but wtf?

It was a hypothetical question Val - did you not see / read that! Jesu !

Although it was a joke question, it would seem that there is interest in him today... watch this space.

(31-05-2015, 04:43)aries22 Wrote: If you're only prepared to give Joey Barton 6/10, why would you be happy to see him in an Albion shirt? He's a liability.

Do you mean me Aries - read as above.

However to answer your question if it was to me, 6/10 would be average for most of our players don't you think. When have you seen a 10/10 9/10 or even a 7/10 performance this year?
(31-05-2015, 17:31)BBB Wrote: H
(31-05-2015, 00:28)valpayne Wrote: Sorry BBB but are you out of your mind? Joey the thug Barton? Have you forgotten this mans history? He shouldn't even be playing football with the criminal acts he's somehow got away with. Honestly mate I give up if you think he would be a good addition to our team. With all the comments that TP has had about not playing beautiful football that we demand of the Albion unrealistically IMO given the finances and quality of players we attract and have. You honestly think Barton would add something we need? Sorry mate no offence but wtf?

Although it was a joke question, it would seem that there is interest in him today... watch this space.

(31-05-2015, 04:43)aries22 Wrote: If you're only prepared to give Joey Barton 6/10, why would you be happy to see him in an Albion shirt? He's a liability.

Do you mean me Aries - read as above.

However to answer your question if it was to me, 6/10 would be average for most of our players don't you think. When have you seen a 10/10 9/10 or even a 7/10 performance this year?

I would say that Foster, Myhill, Morrison, Lescott and Berahino would all warrant a 7/10 minimum. Only Chelsea with more clean sheets suggest our defence better than average?
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
(31-05-2015, 17:31)BBB Wrote:

joking or not BBB sorry fella but I'm afraid I see the name Barton and I see the mist along with that other thug that played for Leeds and Newcastle and got away with murder Lee Bowyer Grrrrrrr! A disgrace to football and bad examples to kids who watch them get away with thuggery time after time :/ That's my rant over nuff said and all that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »