Thread Rating:
Scottish League Cup, Rangers 1-0 St Johnstone, 28/10/2014.
I have Cable TV, courtesy of Richard Branson; the Virgin Channel for BBC Scotland is 862.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Right, thoughts for tonight's crucial cup game?

I'm thinking it'll be an unchanged side after Saturday's comfortable win. Smith to retain the left-midfield role (even though I think Templeton would be better there) and Black missing out again. Mohsni will be lucky to make the bench IMO. Big Grin

Not sure of the weather in Glasgow the now, so that might affect both the tactics and the crowd, which is unlikely to be close to 50% capacity.

Now, St Johnstone aren't as good as ICT who we comfortably defeated earlier on in the season, however that game shouldn't be used as a yardstick for any sort of predictions for tonight. Extra time and penalties would be no surprise.
It is pay at the gate and parts of the ground will be closed tonight :

Please note that the Club Deck, Copland Rear, Broomloan Rear, and other selected areas of the stadium will remain closed for this fixture.

Ally McCoist : Rangers FC - Little Between The Teams

As it says : Rangers FC - Opposition Focus: St Johnstone

I just hope Rangers play the on the deck, swift passing, overlapping football we have seen against Raith Rovers and Dumbarton.
St Johnstone are virtually (apart from SSN clips) an unknown quantity to me, so I cannot say anything about them.
However, if Rangers play as I have described above, then I predict Rangers 2-1 St Johnstone ... we shall see !
AVFC RFC SAFC
Same team as Saturday except Black returns at Smith's expense. That'll push MacLeod out wide then.
Think I'd have been happier with Smith but I suppose we need a more defensive central player than
Law or Macleod. This would have been ideal for Peralta. Anyone seen him lately?

That looked a nasty injury to Murray Davidson, but he brought it on himself sticking his arm into Law's face to send him spinning. He stuck one in Aird's face earlier too.
The Young MacLeod strikes again!

1-0, deservedly so, and a fine, fine header to win it.

Now I fancy a wee Glasgow derby in the semi. Been ages since we've played them and it would be a big day out for Partick Thistle too.
El Car likes this post
Result lads but nowhere near 50 per cent capacity. Just over 13000, the crowd and atmosphere was like watching a schoolgirls international. If that's the best Gers can serve up, then the Championship is all but tied up for the Jambos before the new year. Poor performance from overpaid, overweight, overage journeymen pros, just turning up for the money. Short changing the fans IMO.
HHGH
You talk some pish, boy! Laugh
Scottish League Cup QF, 28/10/2014 : Rangers 1-0 St Johnstone

Not a humdinger of a match, but the result is what matters and this result was the right one !

Match Report : Rangers FC - Rangers 1-0 St Johnstone

Attendance : 13,023 - I refer to these as County Championship attendances !  Smartass

Manager's verdict : Rangers FC - Made In Murray Park
AVFC RFC SAFC
Trus, refer to Larrys comments. Fact, just over 13000- Nae pish there. So what other observations are pish son?

By the way Trus- ye talk some real pish yourself son. Obvious that you never actually attend games as you preferred smith to black as an exclusive opinion- wrong again. You may class yourself as a fan but your certainly not a supporter- supporters cough up the hard earned cash to actually pay up and go and watch and support their team- armchair fans don't count- son.
HHGH
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »