Thread Rating:
Strachan announces his 1st squad of Scotland players for the World Cup
The team played a bit better after the changes 2nd half. But at least 2 of his subs should have been starting the game.
The bench was virtually better than the starting 11.
It looks like Darren Fletch will prob not be playing due to a thigh strain. So Strachan may well be forced into a different mid formation v Slovakia, hopefully a positive one with Oliver Burke adding to that positivity - I didn't like him being subbed on Saturday but that was the manager's call. They have no pts on the board and I expect them to attack us and leave gaps behind them that our players can exploit. Looking positively at this upcoming game, we're unbeaten in this group and need to consolidate that position in second place with a more uplifting performance that will put down one of our challengers for the runners up spot!
Good he's pish.
Here's a straight question to ask - do we dump Strachan after a Slovakia defeat tomorrow night? My 1st query if it happens would be, 'Who on earth would we replace him with anyway'? I don't see many reputable candidates queuing up for the Scotland job. Also sacking our manager before an England match would not be clever.
I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that we're not a very good footie nation any more - it has sunk in and I only live in hope! The root of the problem is much wider than just wee Goggsy and Scotland's inhibitions and we've comprehensively debated these probs before in previous excellent OPs on the subject re the poor state of Scottish footie from grassroots footie upwards. Scan back about 7 years and recall some of the shit that was uttered re Scotland and the role of the Scottish manager - nothing has changed and that's a fact! I pray that we somehow pull off a victory v Slovakia because at least it will lift spirits a wee bit. However, my head tells me a draw is prob the best result that we're gonna attain.
I would bullet him now and we've been a bad football nation since 98
Who could we get though lads ?

Moyes could get binned by sunderland i suppose but he doesn't seem to want to work up here,lamberts available but has a patchy record. Who would we get at this point? I see strachan seeing this campaign out whatever.
Why does it have to be a Scotsman?? Ok Vogts was a mare but that shouldn't put the SFA off appointing outwith the country,Big Sam's available for £400k.
(10-10-2016, 23:21)hibeejim21 Wrote: Who could we get though lads ?

Moyes could get binned by sunderland i suppose but he doesn't seem to want to work up here,lamberts available but has a patchy record. Who would we get at this point? I see strachan seeing this campaign out whatever.

Look at it another way - we bin another manager who I'm not a great fan of but the guy's cv and history tell us he's competent enough to hopefully do a decent job with the resources that are available to him. We've done the sacking bit often enough before when we eventually arrive at the 'witch hunt stage' and then a post mortem of what went wrong. But nothing changes apart from the manager's post and his support staff!!
I'd hope that Strachan, if he stayed, would focus on the continuing development/improvement of the Scotland team until he vacates the post. We don't have world class or even top class players but I'd hope he gives a chance to the best of our younger players and leaves a good foundation to work with. IMO it's an evolving process that will take time to reap any kinda success. I notice our footie pundit, Chris Sutton, reckons Strachan has lost interest in the job anyway but that's just speculation. However, I do believe Strachan took the job after the last failed Euro campaign but never wanted the worry or stress that can be attached to this 'poison chalice' of a job. It will all unfold tonight in a match that the Slovakia coach says his team must win. I hope that works in our favour because we could do with a positive lift after all the negativity since the match v Lithuania.
Competent at Celtic where he couldn't fail,relegated Coventry,left Southampton in a mess and all but ruined Middlesbro.

Strachan is more interested in chucking out sarcy remarks than chucking a good side out on to the park,he thinks he's a comedian but In reality he's a fuqing CLOWN.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »