Thread Rating:
RIFC
Jeff Stelling has just reported on SSN that the Board at Rangers has accepted Mike Ashley's loan offer and rejected Brian Kennedy's offer.
Nothing on the websites atm (Rangers or SSN).
AVFC RFC SAFC
Official announcement on Monday, according to the BBC.

If - as reported - the Ashley deal includes the offer to underwrite a new share issue then it doesn't seem to me to be an asset-grab exercise as many fear.

As ever, the devil is in the detail.
Details of the off-field activity today {25/10/2014}.

Skysports - Rangers choose Mike Ashley offer over Brian Kennedy
AVFC RFC SAFC
Not unexpected one has to say, but thats it for me.........He controls the club with 8% of shares effectively.... Piss poor decision imho. Thumb down
For better or worse, this is ultimately the result of the season ticket boycott. Still, if there's going to be an open offer, even underwritten by Ashley, there's nothing to stop King making his investment.
Are you guys not a tad worried why you would need an emergency loan of 2 million quid so soon after recently raising in excess of 3 million in recent shares issue? That for me would be the most worrying issue as to why the club continually bleeds money instead of trying to cut costs and live within their means. Believe you me, as a Jambo, I speak from experience and it is tough.
HHGH
Dateline Monday, 27/10/2014 : The merry-go-round continues :

Rangers & MASH : Rangers FC - Credit Facility of £2 million

Graham Wallace resigns : Rangers FC - Directorate Change

To answer your question, TT, it is not so much worry, but WTF is going on financially ?

One clue is the Dave King inspired boycotts, causing a drop in revenue, but expenditure needs to be brought into balance with income, no matter what. Fat bonuses to Directors do not help either !!!
AVFC RFC SAFC
As it says on the tin : Skysports - Rangers manager Ally McCoist has been assured his job is safe
AVFC RFC SAFC
Fat salary's to managers, backroom staff and players certainly do not help Larry. That would appear to me where the root of the problem lies. The club ain't bringing in enough regular income to meet its current expenditure- basic business ethics- cut costs appropriately- no attempt has ever been done to try and achieve that- hence the recurring need for emergency loans- achieves nowt, just prolongs the agony.
HHGH
Summary of the off-field activity yesterday {29/10/2014}.

Rangers FC - Executive Chairman

David Somers non-executive Chairman, will become Executive Chairman of Rangers on a temporary basis with immediate effect.

In this role, he will liaise directly with senior staff within the Club about the operation of the business, and he will oversee the recruitment of a new Chief Executive and Finance director.

Skysports - David Somers becomes Rangers executive chairman on temporary basis; no rush over permanent appointment

Skysports - David Somers predicts bright future for Rangers after Mike Ashley's injection of funding
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »