Thread Rating:
RIFC
(16-09-2016, 23:09)supercooper Wrote: Maybe if there was basis for an argument. It's plainly obvious to anyone what Ashley was doing. And as for being grown up, have you actually read your posts back to yourself.  You are  a ridiculous man, now toddle off . You may get free run on the bigot board but your views aren't welcome here.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

(16-09-2016, 23:09)supercooper Wrote: Maybe if there was basis for an argument. It's plainly obvious to anyone what Ashley was doing. And as for being grown up, have you actually read your posts back to yourself.  You are  a ridiculous man, now toddle off . You may get free run on the bigot board but your views aren't welcome here.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
(17-09-2016, 00:01)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Surely the point is , if Ashley had not weighed in with his loans etc, then the doors on the big hoose would have been well and truly shut- again. Can't deny that his input saved the club, despite his rather onerous retail deal.

See thats the basis of an argument right there IJ. He supplied those loans because of a shared business interests. Of course he took security,and of course the merchandise deal is stacked in his favour but on the other hand the real rangers men destabilised the club,lied to the shareholders and got them delisted.

Using ethics as a reason for not working with him is pretty flimsy,especially when you see what minty and king have got up to. I'm glad they haven't tried to accommodate him though.
Ashley probably wisnae the right man for the club but at the he time he was the only man and whatever rangers fans think of him now he saved them from going down the shitter again
Nothing to do with ethics whatsoever, the man came in to take as much money out of the club as possible. There were other investors out there willing to invest Green et al wanted a closed shop, so spare me your sanctimonious nonsense.
He also put money into the club,which is more than can be said about a lot of custodians of 'rangers'

You were the one that brought up sports direct employees so clearly you must think business ethics has some bearing. Unless you don't actually know what you're arguing about... Which seems likely.
Again I'll explain it to you there were other investors that wanted to invest Green and his cohorts wouldn't allow that given their secrecy. I used his employment methods because you tried to paint him as a good man.

Typical spoonburner .
(17-09-2016, 14:24)supercooper Wrote: I used his employment methods because you tried to paint him as a good man.

Did ye ...aye ? Laugh
You only have to ask the average Newcastle fan to find out what Ashley is all about. He is a very wealthy chancer!!! For a relatively small amount of money to him, he saw an opportunity to "buy" one of the biggest football brands out there and make a financial killing at the same time. Nothing illegal in there, nothing actually wrong with what he did, Green and Co facilitated it but he wasn't doing it for the "right" reasons.
Jim can't quite grasp that concept by the looks of his posts.
He maybe never done it for the right reasons but he was the only one who put his money up, and without it The Rangers would be defunct, again
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »