Thread Rating:
Town v QPR match thread
John Smiths Stadium Saturday 17th September 2016

[Image: photo_-_john_smiths_stadium.jpg]

This weekend the hard working Terriers welcome the even more hard working QPR to Huddersfield, well I say more hard working but don't take my word for it, here's the proof of what Sir Les Ferdinand about it

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/foo...d-11851950

And if QPR weren't suffering enough from one idiot not knowing his stuff here comes along  chief Exec Lee Hoos (who?). In his wisdom he batted away the idea of TwentysPlenty with the excuse of it costs £1000 a match to take the rubbish out(but they forgot to take Les out) and that they have a massive water rates to pay. Here's a tip Lee, try paying your players the average wage of a Championship footy player instead of throwing cash it all the time, they dwarf any bill Thames water or the cleaners chuck at you.

If you're unlucky enough to have forked out £75+ Vat for the White Rose club this weekend then I'm afraid I've more bad news for you...Star guest is Andy Sinton! We had the misfortune to see this guy at the Euro's this summer before 2 England games, and wow is he boring, he's about as exciting as a wet weekend Milton Keynes.

Okay so Town come into this game on the back of a 1-0 defeat at Brighton on Tuesday night but we still remain TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!! Brighton away is always a tough ask and it was only a Danny Ward error that cost us a point but the lads made more decent saves than errors in his short time at Town so nothing to worry about. After 2 games in three days following the international break I can see changes in the personnel this weekend, goalkeeper and defence I'd expect to see the same 5 unless someone picks up a knock but I can see the likes of Palmer,Scannell and Wells knocking on Herr Wagners door when it comes to selection time.

QPR's hard work meanwhile seems to be paying off well, all that hard graft earned them a 0-6 thrashing at the hands of Newcastle United on Tuesday night in front of a near sell out crowd at Loftus Road, a defeat that plunged them from 7th at 19:45 on Tuesday to 14th by 21:45.
As for QPR, I'm not that clued up on the squad they have but after a thrashing on Tuesday night it'll be interesting to see if JFH makes any changes to his team or if he give them the chance to rectify Tuesday's mistakes.
Now this may be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that of QPR's 9 League goals this season not one of them has come from open play, if that's the case then we need to be on our toes when it comes to set pieces

Last time out(line ups)

Town
[Image: CsQEEJcXEAA_aTu.jpg]

QPR
[Image: CsQGgGkW8AAnvZP.jpg]

Form Guide (last 6 League games)

Town
WDWWWL
F7 A4 Pts 13

QPR
WLLWDL
F6 A12 Pts 7

Club connections.
Let's start with recent transfers
[Image: Joel-Lynch-holding.jpg]
Joel Lynch- a favourite in his time at the Terriers and in my opinion the best defender we had during his spell here. Trouble was as QPR are finding out, he spends a lot of time on the treatment table

[Image: Huddersfield-Town-v-Sheffield-United-npo...-Final.jpg]
Alex Smithies- Another Town favourite in his time at Town, Alex came through our youth system and made his senior debut away at Leeds in a 4-0 defeat..one Alex will probably want to forget. Was a good serpent for Town but when QPR came knocking with that massive chequebook at Deans door it was time for Alex to leave.

[Image: oscar-gobern-signs-64064-2597978_613x460.jpg]
Oscar Gobern- like Joel, Oscar enjoyed visiting the treatment table on many occasions. Spent more time trying to pull the birds than trying to pull off a world class pass, indeed on one such occasion that he managed to pull he did his groin in and was out for several weeks. Anyway his contract ran out and with most players they have a good spell towards the end and that was enough to convince QPR to take a chance on him where he made a massive 2(two) League cup appearances before being binned off to Donny or some other obscure place

Going back a little further now....
[Image: 19196-zoom.jpg]
Steve Yates- QPR 134 games and 2 goals, Town 52 games and 1 goal also managed to lose a tooth and get a red card in the tunnel when fighting with Ritchie Foran. He was Jackos first signing in his second spell as manager when we only had 6 players....not that Jacko ever mentioned that.

[Image: kevin-gallen.jpg]
Kevin Gallen-Hailed by Steve Bruce as the new Alan Shearer, he must've meant Alan the Sheep Shearer because this lad was garbage, even had the cheek to roll a penalty back to the QPR keeper at Loftus road for us, I say cheek because nobody in their right mind could have taken that penalty and claimed it wasn't deliberate.

Also special mentions to Ronnie Jepson,Kevin Blackwell and Neil Warnock who have all been on the Hoops coaching staff in one capacity or the other.

Finally before I make my match prediction a I can't finish this thread without mentioning a very special person in all our lives.

Yes it's ex QPR player and manager and now a washed out ex pro/manager who who turned to SKY TV to pass on his inside knowledge and wisdom about the football league...could you all please give a warm welcome to Ian Holloway.

[Image: championship-efl-ian-holloway-english-fo...0731150631]

Bit of a legend down at Loftus Road but up at Town he's what I'd like to call a bit of a "pr!ck". For someone who's been around he knows very little about the game and the fact he's out of a job shows he'seither out of touch,over priced or just full of shit. He doesn't like us, he hasn't since we prized Marcus Stewart away from his Bristol Rovers Team, he thinks Huddersfields a shit hole just because we upset him at Blackpool and and he tried to chin Ann Hough in the Battle of Alan Lee v Crystal Palace. For Any Town fans here is his pre season prediction for us just in case you'd forgotten.

Wakey match prediction

Town 2 v 1 QPR
At the moment we don't do cricket scores but do grind out results(except Tuesday). I think if we show the same commitment that we have in previous home games it will be enough to see us through to 3 points

P.s. Take no notice of the attachment, it didn't work so I tried to remove it but for some reason it doesn't.
Lord Snooty, ritchiebaby, theo_luddite And 2 others like this post
Brilliant pic of the stadium there, Wakey. Good thread too, but although Alex Smithies can be a bit of an ASP giving away stupid goals and makes his manager mADDER than usual, it's a bit unfair to call him a serpent.  Whistle

Any news on Holloway's anger management these days?

Unless there's a vicious backlash from QPR's hammering last night, Town should take care of business without too much trouble.
Cabbage is still good for you
Nice one, Wakey. Thumb up

I hadn't seen all of Holloway's predictions before. Not only us, but he's got Brentford to go down ad well. Doh

And Leeds in the play offs. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
i can see one of or both Wells and Palmer starting to be honest maybe giving Kachunga a rest
According to Wikipedia, Oscar Gobern is still without a club, which is a shame really. He obviously isn't good enough for the Championship but could easily make a name for himself in League 1 or 2.
For gobern to make a name for himself he would have to do one of two things. 1) actually play football, rather than spending time out with a broken nail whilst think he's too good. Or 2) a flying karate kick challenge once again
Schoolboy error by me not checking the spelling Ritchie, I'll leave it in now though otherwise they'll think you're talking twallocks

Where's Mirf with our head to head stats v the massive hoops of West London?
What an incentive to get the part timers on board. All remaining home tickets are now being sold off for a fiver. The club say they want to fill the place. What a great idea, unless you've just forked out full price for yours.
Could mean in future that people leave buying tickets til the last minute just to see what deals crop up.

Not sure they can fill it though. All those who transfer to the south stand will leave behind their own empty seat.
Like I said a week too early - nice thread Wakey Thumb up - but boy does that pr!ck from QPR like the sound of his own voice or what? Can we rename Smithies as Alex Blackadder from now on? I'll leave room for Mirf to do the stats but all I'll say is I'm glad it's at home - we don't do too well out of the trips to Wes' Lardan. Mirf's not fit to play for QPR because Town don't train too hard??? Doh Pin that one on the changing room door Saturday afternoon - pre-match motivational speech done and dusted. More points please Hr. Wagbo.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Great thread Wakey Thumb up
Like Ritchie said, that is a great pic of our stadium.
I'm expecting a narrow home win for our boys this Sat.
Is that right the team got the plane down to Brighton? If so, that'll cut down massively on travel time so maybe not as many changes as we thought for the starting line up.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »