Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
PGA Championship

A relatively weak field for this prestigeous event with Willett the only Top Twenty player here. Cannot go with him after last week but going for a couple of players that have gone close recently.

Shane Lowry 16/1

Been a fan of Lowry for a while but he has lost form for a while but there have been recent signs that he is back to his best and he does tend to do well when the summer hits. Three top six finishes here in the past five seasons.

Russell Knox 18/1

Knox has been up there for some time & seems to be hitting form now & is targeting a Ryder Cup place. He was 2nd last week at the Irish Open & was only pipped by a rampant McIlroy. Should be close.

Rafael Cabrera Bello 25/1

Much more consistent now with recent finishes of 2nd - 2nd - 36th - 11th - 3rd - 17th - 16th - 8th. Feel a win is very close & it could be this week.

Peter Hanson 80/1

Starting to hit forn, leading up to a 6th in China four weeks ago. Ignore last week - half the field were ruled out by the draw. Should be ideally suited by the course here.

Francesco Molinari has an excellent record here but doubt he will win it so am going for the 2/1 for a top Ten finish.

Good Luck!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Dean & Deluca Invitational

We are at the Colonial Club where it is all about the fairways & greens. Seven of the last eight winners have finished in the Top Ten for Scrambling & GIR so these are the qualities that we are looking for rather than Driving Distance or Driving Accuracy.

Garcia in 2001 was the last player under 30 to win this title so looking at experienced players is certainly a good plan here.

Top of the market is Jordan Speith at 6/1 followed by Scott, Kuchar & Zach Johnson. There are question marks against all of these so we are looking for an experienced player at long odds.

Danny Lee 40/1

This is Lee's type of course where he can play fairway to green. Feel he is playing well but needs to convert good play into shots gained & it could be this week. 10th last year; I am expecting better this year.

Emiliano Grillo 100/1

Doesn't meet my age criteria but I see great things for Grillo. He is a bit hit & miss and I am hoping for a hit here.

Sean O'Hair 125/1

Looking back to his best and on a course that should suit, great odds for a reasonable contender.

Fabian Gomez 150/1

Two wins in his last 23 events makes these odds too attractive to ignore. This course should suit him down to the ground and was 9th at the Well Fargo this month.

Troy Merritt 300/1

Got his first tour win last season but has kept largely under the radar. Needs to be more consistent but a punt worth taking at the price.

Think backing Kuchar for a Top Ten finish should be profitable at 11/8 as he appears to be playing his best but I just don't have the confidence that he can win.

Good Luck!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
PGA Championship (Day One)

Luiten, Hend & Yang lead the way by one on -7 from Willett & Van Zyl. Other notables - Aphibarnrat -4, Donald -4, McDowell -3, Dubuisson -3, Kaymer -2, Lovemark -1, Westwood -1, Pieters -1, Sullivan -1, Fitzpatrick -1, Colsaerts +1, Donaldson +5. Our guys are doing well. Knox needs to pull back today but the others can all get in contention with a good round.

Shane Lowry 16/1 -3 Tied 10th

Russell Knox 18/1 +3 Tied 101st

Rafael Cabrera Bello 25/1 -1 Tied 33rd

Peter Hanson 80/1 -2 Tied 21st

Francesco Molinari 2/1 (Top Ten) Par Tied 54th

Dean & Deluca Invitational (Day One)

Bryce Molder leads by one on -6 from Lahiri, Simpson & Reed. A mixed day for our players, who all need a big round to get in contention. Notables - Speith -3, Leishman -2, Snedeker -2, Walker Par, Schwartzel +1, Scott +2, Zach Johnson +2, Oosthuizen +3, Kuchar +3, Poulter +3, Furyk +5,

Danny Lee 40/1 +1 Tied 60th

Emiliano Grillo 100/1 -1 Tied 27th

Sean O'Hair 125/1 -3 Tied 9th

Fabian Gomez 150/1 +3 Tied 91st

Troy Merritt 300/1 -1 Tied 27th
PGA Championship (Day Two)

Willett, Hend & Yang lead by one on -10 from Van Zyl. Willett looked impressive & should win but he faded badly last weekend after an impressive start. We have tw of our four guys still in contention for a place.

Shane Lowry 16/1 +3 Tied 83rd

Russell Knox 18/1 +4 Tied 90th

Rafael Cabrera Bello 25/1 -5 Tied 6th

Peter Hanson 80/1 -5 Tied 6th

Francesco Molinari 2/1 (Top Ten) -1 Tied 34th
Dean & Deluca Invitational (Day Two)

Several players still have to finish round two but Bryce Molder leads by one on -9 by one from Webb Simpson. Other notables include Speith -7, Reed -7, Snedeker -4, Walker -2, Schwartzel Par, Kuchar Par, Johnson Par, Scott +2, Furyk +3, DeChambeau +3, Bradley +4, Oosthuizen +4, Kaufman +9, Poulter +10. Our players need a good third round to get in contention.

Danny Lee 40/1 -2 Tied 22nd

Emiliano Grillo 100/1 Par Tied 41st

Sean O'Hair 125/1 Par Tied 41st

Fabian Gomez 150/1 +8 Tied 113th

Troy Merritt 300/1 -1 Tied 30th
PGA Championship (Day Three)

Scott Hend leads by one on -9 from Tyrrell Hatton. Other notables include Westwood -7, Willett -6, Kaymer -6, Luiten -4, Colsaerts -4, Pieters -1, Graeme McDowell -1, Luke Donald Par, Andy Sullivan Par, Matt Fitzpatrick +1, Jamie Lovemark +1, Victor Dubuisson +5. Our guys need to go a bit today to win it but can certainly get a place with a round in the 60s.

Rafael Cabrera Bello 25/1 -4 Tied 13th

Peter Hanson 80/1 -5 Tied 11th

Francesco Molinari 2/1 (Top Ten) +2 Tied 57th

Dean & Deluca Invitational (Day Three)

Speith leads by one on -12 from Palmer & Simpson. Our guys all probably have too much to do but an interesting final day.

Danny Lee 40/1 -3 Tied 24th

Emiliano Grillo 100/1 -1 Tied 31st

Sean O'Hair 125/1 -2 Tied 31st

Troy Merritt 300/1 -3 Tied 24th
PGA Championship (Day Four)

Chris Wood won by one on -9 from Rikard Karlberg with Willett a further shot back in third.

Rafael Cabrera Bello 25/1 -2 Tied 22nd

Peter Hanson 80/1 Par Tied 33rd

Dean & Deluca Invitational (Day Four)

Speith hit a remarkable back nine to win by three on -17 from Harris English and looks to be back to his best. Our guys performed ably but never really threatened on the final day.

Danny Lee 40/1 -4 Tied 22nd

Emiliano Grillo 100/1 +2 Tied 55th

Sean O'Hair 125/1 -1 Tied 34th

Troy Merritt 300/1 -5 Tied 17th
Nordea Masters

It's the Nordea Masters in Stockholm on a course which favours the big drivers. Lesser drivers cannot be ruled out but driving length followed by driving accuracy are top of my list this week.

Henrik Stenson is the favourite followed by Westwood & Noren. As regulars know, I never back Stenson so having him as the 6/1 favourite provides me with greater value for the players I fancy (unless he goes & wins it). Alex Noren is a player I like but I don't think he is quite a 16/1 shot. A would not be surprised to see him go very close here. Westwood is in good form & this is a course where he has done well before so shouldn't be ruled out.

Thomas Pieters 22/1

A big hitter and a favourite of mine. On a course with five par five holes, he could do a lot of damage. Hit an albatross today in practice.

Rikard Karlberg 28/1

Coming back to form with an impressive second at Wentworth last week. Loves this sort of course and was 4th here in 2013.

Peter Hanson 35/1

Getting back to his best and now playing a course that is ideal for him. Gave us a good run for three rounds last week & I expect him to go even closer this week.

Scott Hend 40/1

Won for us in Thailand in April and back on a course where he can open up his shoulders. Looked good for three rounds at Wentworth on a less suitable course but should give us a good run for our money here.

Good Luck!
The Memorial

The Big Three of Day, Speith & McIlroy are all here and all coming off wins in their last event. Day is the favourite at 13/2 with Speith & McIlroy close behind on 7/1. There are plenty more big names as well with Matsuyama, Dustin, Kuchar, Fowler & Bubba all here.

My view is that driving accuracy and GIR are the two most important statistics to follow here. Former winners tend to do relatively well as do players who have gone close before.

I cannot see any value in the the big three here so am looking for players that can beat them. I see Fowler & Matsuyama as having decent chances at the prices but am prepared to look at longer priced options on players who I expect to be winning shortly.

Justin Thomas 50/1

Got his first tour win back in January but his form drifted for a while. Looks to be back on it again with an impressive third at the Players Championship behind Day. Should be well suited by the course.

Kevin Chappell 55/1

Three second places already this season (twice behind Day)suggest that a win could be just round the corner. He was also second here in 2013 so if he can match course form with current form.......

Jason Dufner 66/1

Dufner meets the criteria I have set but his hit or miss putting means that we need this sort of price to be with him. An impressive 6th last week suggests that he might be finding his putts.

Good Luck!
The Memorial:

Rickie Fowler 22/1
Patrick Reed 40/1
Phil Mickelson 55/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »