Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Had 40p in my 365 account on Wednesday, popped it on 20p each way Danny Willet! result!
madsteve likes this post
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(07-04-2016, 17:56)madsteve Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 17:39)BBB Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 13:01)madsteve Wrote: The Masters

My favourite outsiders are Fowler and Bubba

BBB

Not sure they are outsiders at 4th & 6th favourites.
As i said Madsteve, outsiders - haha, though i thought to do the winner - Whistle
RBC Heritage:

Brandt Snedeker 16/1
Matt Fitzpatrick 25/1
Kevin Na 40/1
Jamie Lovemark 66/1

Open De Espana:

Rafa Cabrera Bello 12/1
Alejandro Canizares 33/1
Pablo Larrazabal 66/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Spanish Open

Back to the regular European Tour as the Spanish Open returns to Valdarama. Ths course tests all parts of the game but driving accuracy and GIR are the top two factors for me.

Difficult to predict how players who were at the Masters last week will do on their return to the circuit but this course has a reputation for providing quality winners.

Regular readers will know that I am not a Sergio Garcia fan from a betting perspective and the fact he is installed as a 6/1 favourite means there should be value elsewhere.

Rafa Cabrera Bello 14/1

Far better value than Garcia. Has a good record on this course and has been in outstanding form this season.

Soren Kjeldsen 14/1

A great performance at the Masters and straight on to a course where he is ideally suited and has two runners up finishes. Should go close.

Alejandro Canizares 33/1

Have been impressed with him this season and on his home course, he can take advantage of local knowledge, which can count for a lot. The pressure might get to him or he might smash it. Could make a late run for a Ryder Cup place.

More to follow........
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Spanish Open (Cont)

Gregory Havret 70/1

Another player who has performed well on this course and is in pretty decent nick at the moment with top ten finishes in his last two starts.

Richie Ramsey 66/1

A player who may slip under the radar but has a great record on this course with a game to suit. He has had a month off as he recently became a father, which is often viewed as a positive (Danny Willett).

Three for FRL - Tommy Fleetwood 70/1, Alex Noren 70/1 & Romain Wattel 100/1.

Good Luck!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
RBC Heritage

This is played on the beautiful Harbour Town Golf Links which favours the shot makers. To win here takes accuracy off the tee, ability to hit the GIR, good scrambling and putting ability.

The field is led by Jason Day who is a strong favourite at 6/1 with Snedker, Casey, Kuchar & Zach Johnson all less than 25/1. While Day is about right at that price, I think I am looking for players to take him on. If Day is at his best then we are probably playing for second place but he has a poor record on this course.

I think that Snedeker & Kuchar are both value shouts at 16/1 & 22/1 respectively but I am looking for a better price than 16/1 and I just don't have enough confidence in Kuchar to win it at this price but I think he will be thereabouts.

Matt Kuchar (Top Ten) 5/2

Kuchar is very reliable player for getting into contention. He converts making the cut into a high percentage of Top 25 finishes with a lot of Top Ten finishes. He doesn't make enough wins though so a bigger bet on a Top Ten finish on a course that should suit him seems the sensible approach.

Kevin Kisner 25/1

This is a course that suits some players & Kisner is one that is suited. He was runner up here last year, losing in a Playoff. He has since won on the PGA Tour and has impressive stats in the key areas thi season - 7th in driving accuracy & 3rd in putting. Should be close.

Matt Fitzpatrick 28/1

All the ducks are moving in line for Fitz as was shown by his 7th place at the Masters last week where he was first for GIR. Fitz says this is his favourite course. He was 23rd here two years ago but he is a much better player now. It might be a bit of a punt but I expect big things for him soon & don't want to miss out when he does.

Bryson Dechambeau 66/1

Another player I have been following for a while. Turned pro this week after winning the amateur prize at the Masters. I love his attitude & temperament and hope for a big performance here.

Webb Simpson 66/1

Runner up here in 2013 and getting back to his best form. Good value at this price.

KJ Choi 100/1

Thongchai Jaidee 200/1

Good Luck!
(14-04-2016, 14:55)madsteve Wrote: RBC Heritage

This is played on the beautiful Harbour Town Golf Links which favours the shot makers. To win here takes accuracy off the tee, ability to hit the GIR, good scrambling and putting ability.

The field is led by Jason Day who is a strong favourite at 6/1 with Snedker, Casey, Kuchar & Zach Johnson all less than 25/1. While Day is about right at that price, I think I am looking for players to take him on. If Day is at his best then we are probably playing for second place but he has a poor record on this course.

I think that Snedeker & Kuchar are both value shouts at 16/1 & 22/1 respectively but I am looking for a better price than 16/1 and I just don't have enough confidence in Kuchar to win it at this price but I think he will be thereabouts.

Matt Kuchar (Top Ten) 5/2

Kuchar is very reliable player for getting into contention. He converts making the cut into a high percentage of Top 25 finishes with a lot of Top Ten finishes. He doesn't make enough wins though so a bigger bet on a Top Ten finish on a course that should suit him seems the sensible approach.

Kevin Kisner 25/1

This is a course that suits some players & Kisner is one that is suited. He was runner up here last year, losing in a Playoff. He has since won on the PGA Tour and has impressive stats in the key areas thi season - 7th in driving accuracy & 3rd in putting. Should be close.

Matt Fitzpatrick 28/1

All the ducks are moving in line for Fitz as was shown by his 7th place at the Masters last week where he was first for GIR. Fitz says this is his favourite course. He was 23rd here two years ago but he is a much better player now. It might be a bit of a punt but I expect big things for him soon & don't want to miss out when he does.

Bryson Dechambeau 66/1

Another player I have been following for a while. Turned pro this week after winning the amateur prize at the Masters. I love his attitude & temperament and hope for a big performance here.

Webb Simpson 66/1

Runner up here in 2013 and getting back to his best form. Good value at this price.

KJ Choi 100/1

Thongchai Jaidee 200/1

Good Luck!

Excellent reading - better than the papers
Spanish Open (Day One)

Great to see a big tournament at Valderrama again and the old course proved a tough test with just 15 of the 144 players breaking par today. Alexander Levy leads the way on -5 by one from Manley, Johnstone, Morrison & Canizares.

Our guys performed well today with all five within the likely cut figure. RCB was a bit disappointing but all the rest are well placed to make a challenge tomorrow.

Rafa Cabrera Bello 14/1 +3 Tied 52nd

Soren Kjeldsen 14/1 Par Tied 16th

Alejandro Canizares 33/1 -4 Tied 2nd

Gregory Havret 70/1 +1 Tied 23rd

Richie Ramsey 66/1 -2 Tied 7th
RBC Heritage (Day One)

An interesting opening day on a course where mistakes are punished. Luke Donald & Branden Grace lead the way on -5 but the looming presence of Jason Day is one of four players one shot behind. A mixed day for our guys with Kuchar, Dechambeau & Choi are well placed to challenge, Kisner, Fitzpatrick & Simpson need a good Day Two while Jaidee is struggling to make the cut.

Other notable scores: Zach Johnson Par, Ian Poulter +1, Danny Lee +1, Brandt Snedeker +2, Jamie Lovemark +3, Graeme McDowell +3, Billy Horschel +3, Paul Casey +4, Jason Dufner +5, Harris English +6.

Matt Kuchar (Top Ten) 5/2 -4 Tied 3rd

Kevin Kisner 25/1 +1 Tied 58th

Matt Fitzpatrick 28/1 +1 Tied 58th

Bryson Dechambeau 66/1 -1 Tied 25th

Webb Simpson 66/1 +2 Tied 86th

KJ Choi 100/1 -1 Tied 25th

Thongchai Jaidee 200/1 +5 Tied 119th
Spanish Open (Day Two)

A tough day with only two players under par at the half way stage. Pablo Larrazabal leads the way on -3 with Andrew Johnston second on -1. Havret has blown it but all our other players are in with a chance as the leaders can fall away quickly if the wind is as strong as it was this afternoon. Larrazabal had the benefit of the best weather today but might struggle tomorrow if he gets the worst of the weather.

Rafa Cabrera Bello 14/1 +5 Tied 24th

Soren Kjeldsen 14/1 +6 Tied 32nd

Alejandro Canizares 33/1 Par Tied 3rd

Gregory Havret 70/1 +10 Tied 70th

Richie Ramsey 66/1 +3 Tied 14th
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »