Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Bristol City v SWFC
So we take a hammering and end up in essentially exactly the same position as we started the day in!!!!! After our performance, which we hope is just a one off, I will take that!!! Still 5 points ahead of Cardiff and with a goal difference that is much better than all those below us!! Also still only 2 points off 4th place, so all still to play for!! Only thing really decided today was that we should be completely forgetting about the autos now, lets just focus on the playoffs.
(09-04-2016, 17:56)Statesideowl Wrote: Cardiff lose at the death... so we could've been even further ahead Doh

We were all over the place today so no way could we have been further ahead. It does by us the one more loss card again thou. 

It was a cock up from the start with the 6 loans.....it looks as if we don't know the rules or else we don't know how many players we don't own !!!
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(09-04-2016, 18:00)peiowl Wrote: For me the worrisome thing is not that we lost. I never felt good about this fixture. But, it was the way we lost. Fielding an inferior starting eleven, letting them run rings around our defence, giving their forwards all kinds of space, tossing away our GD advantage. Penalty decisions are invariably arguable but Brizzle controlled this game. How did we let this happen? Huh

We haven't tossed away our GD advantage, its still +11, +19 and +13 better than the three teams chasing us!!!

Maddix didn't want to hear it so won't say it but we need to just put this one down to........................................!!  Lets move on, I promise the thread will be up nice and early for the tractor boys game, and we can hopefully get back to form and push on.  Lets get into the playoffs because then you never know!!!
whens hutch back ? need him in there quick sharpish with bannan and lees and lets hope that hoopers ok aswell maybe we need to revert back to the carthorse hooper forest show aswell !! and dont ever play palmer or turner or that usless bastard mcdiddlydo again they need showing the door !!

will we get a fine then or will w lose points  Doh Doh Doh Doh
(09-04-2016, 18:05)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 18:00)peiowl Wrote: For me the worrisome thing is not that we lost. I never felt good about this fixture. But, it was the way we lost. Fielding an inferior starting eleven, letting them run rings around our defence, giving their forwards all kinds of space, tossing away our GD advantage. Penalty decisions are invariably arguable but Brizzle controlled this game. How did we let this happen? Huh

We haven't tossed away our GD advantage, its still +11, +19 and +13 better than the three teams chasing us!!!

Maddix didn't want to hear it so won't say it but we need to just put this one down to........................................!!  Lets move on, I promise the thread will be up nice and early for the tractor boys game, and we can hopefully get back to form and push on.  Lets get into the playoffs because then you never know!!!
tossing it away was a bit of hyperbole, but losing 3 off it against a side like brizzle is hard to take.
St Charles Owl likes this post
"God Save the King."
It does indeed buy us back the ability to lose a game. It's a shame we needed other teams to come through for us.

Fingers need to be pulled out for the next game, Westwood back and no Palmer.
Question is though, what is our best starting 11?? Westwood for sure over any of the other keepers, but who should be in front of him?? For me its no coincidence that our form is better with Loovens and Lees, they can read each others games better, but if one is out I would have Sasso in before Turner. Pudil with Bennett as back up is fine, but the RB is a problem area but for me Hunt should start. Midfield has to be Lee and Bannan for starters but then who from Wallace, Lopez, Hutch etc? Up front for me it should be Forestieri and Hooper behind either Joao or Nuhiu.

But whatever starting 11 is put out they have to perform from the start!!!!
I'll do my best to get us a good result next week lads. The last few games before today I've been talking to the g/f on the phone for some of the game. She was busy today so I haven't.

Next week I'm taking her out for a special occasion so Wednesday can fewk right off! She don't want me in a mardy mood all night I can tell thee!
Just watched CC's post match conference.

Unlike us fans it's very methodological and analytical so he will be looking for a response in the next game.

Do think he tinkered too much today but he will have learned from that and now is better than in the PO final !!!

Be interesting to read the MS match report.

Continue to believe everyone !!!!!!!
I'm not making excuses but there seems to have been a lot of disruption to the pre-match planning. Stupidity on our part with the loanees but unfortunate with Westwood (again  Whistle ). It can't have helped.

And the referee was a homer of the first order  Angry Not just the pens but the little things like bringing Bannan back, when he's broke the tackle and free to run at the defence, to give him a free kick  Angry

Bad day at the factory  Whistle
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »