Thread Rating:
Scotland at Euro 2016
Blatant
(07-09-2014, 22:09)Imre varadi Wrote: I noticed that scotland have chosen to play without any decent strikers  Thumb down  seriuosly stevie May needs to come a little , but the early signs are that this lad is a proper striker  Thumb up  i that can score outside of the box  Huh  yes rememeber them type of strikers  Wink  they where last seen dying off in the middle of the 80s  Whistle and lets face it when you have the shit service that scotland and england  a like have !! you need someone that can flash 1 in from 30 yards  Thumb up

It's not really a choice. We haven't really got anyone who can do the business up there. Naismith isn't bad up on his own but his finishing lets him down, and while we had fans clamouring to get Steven Fletcher back in the side while he was in exile, he's never really done anything for us up there.
1-0 Scotland and 3 points at Ibrox tonight v Georgia.....a struggle but an own goal was enough.

Scotland
01 Marshall
02 Hutton
04 Martin
05 Hanley
03 Robertson
08 Brown
07 Morrison Booked
06 Maloney Booked
10 Naismith (McArthur - 80' )
11 Anya
09 Fletcher (Martin - 90' )
Scotland now above Germany in the table. Thumb up
Yes, good three points even if the performance wasn't up to much. Poland beating Germany is probably not a good thing though, assuming Germany win the group then Poland are likely to be the nearest rivals for the second place!!
Can still qualify finishing third
We'll have to finish ahead of Ireland to take even third place. I'd rather the second place spot stayed up for grabs as long as possible so defeat to Poland tonight could be a big - if not insurmountable - blow even this early.
Bescot Stadium looks bigger than I remember. Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Despite the best efforts of Alan Hutton and Scott Brown, we're still in this match at half time: 1-1. Anya has been a gem of a find and he set up our goal, but Whittaker as always looks like a square peg at left back and it's limiting the space Anya has to work with. Still, we've looked every bit the equal of the Poles in the first half and I'm hopeful that we'll grab a winner.
Whey hey 2-1
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »