Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - Match Thread
(29-12-2015, 12:18)talkSAFT Wrote: No wonder BBC are "not investing in sport".

Us Licence-payers are coughing up £Millions for about a dozen "experts" who are about on a par with The Man On The Street - no better.

I'd cringe if I ever found out that Garth Fatboy Crooks was getting any more than (say) £20 for his pathetic stunts on Final Score - same with Lawrenson and Jason Roberts. (Kilbane's actually not bad, nor is Jenas.)
But when I heard 5 years ago that Lineker was getting £2m a year direct from you, me and every other Licence-holder in the country I just thought the BBC Directors had gone stark raving mad. This money is more or less like Income Tax, and if we paid MPs that sort of money there would be a revolution.
OK (some might say) Sky would pay him that much, and I'd say "Let the bastard go then" - there's plenty of other wankers like him who would do it for Minimum Wage (rather than become a has-been nobody).

And I'm assuming Bumfluff hasn't got a friend in the world. If he had, someone would tell him that "beard" ain't going to grow, and that he looks a total twat.   Angry

...not a MOTD or a Lineker fan I take it then, talkSAFT?  Blush
Good news on the biscuit-man!

Seems that he's not done his hammy as we first thought. First name on the team-sheet for the Stoke game!
Hallelujah. Pulis has seen the light !!!

A series of early New Years resolutions from Pulis:

I will play football

I will abandon total hoofball

I will send the bus to the scrapheap

I will play with pace, skill and width

I will demand 50% possession at home

I will demand at least 10 shots on target

I will not alienate our fans

I am the new Pulis

As someone said earlier, has he been given the 'word'  by JP, resulting in the huge turnaround yesterday?
Lets just hope these New Year resolutions are true and it continues against Stoke on Saturday.
and drewks like this post
(29-12-2015, 13:47)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Hallelujah. Pulis has seen the light !!!

A series of early New Years resolutions from Pulis:

I will play football

I will abandon total hoofball

I will send the bus to the scrapheap

I will play with pace, skill and width

I will demand 50% possession at home

I will demand at least 10 shots on target

I will not alienate our fans

I am the new Pulis

As someone said earlier, has he been given the 'word'  by JP, resulting in the huge turnaround yesterday?
Lets just hope these New Year resolutions are true and it continues against Stoke on Saturday.

No he'll revert back to parking the 74 bus directly in-front of the BRE just to wind you up I reckon as retribution for missing the game yesterday  Whistle 
(29-12-2015, 12:58)Tibby Baggie Wrote: Good news on the biscuit-man!

Seems that he's not done his hammy as we first thought. First name on the team-sheet for the Stoke game!

That IS good news!!
Love this part of his quote: “It didn’t feel as bad as before, even though my reaction, it looked like I was snipered. Hopefully it’s not too bad.”  Big Grin Big Grin
betterthanbaird likes this post
(29-12-2015, 14:01)drewks Wrote:

That IS good news!!
Love this part of his quote: “It didn’t feel as bad as before, even though my reaction, it looked like I was snipered. Hopefully it’s not too bad.”  Big Grin Big Grin

Players were dropping left, right and center yesterday and it did seem like there was a sniper in the crowd haha.

Agreed, Tibby.

Big Vic should be automatic if he's fit enough. Much better than Rondon imo. He fielded every pass aimed at him, which gave the midfielders the confidence to get forward and join him.
We look like a Premier team with him and Sess - exactly what we said. We're not Pulis-haters, we've just been stating that there's more than one way to get mid-table than to play so bloody cautiously.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Although I only saw the extended highlights on Sky, the whole performance was a massive swing away from the usual expected cautiously defensive style we have come to expect from a Tony Pulis team.

Why the huge change? Was it the escalating criticism the team was getting from the supporters and the pundits alike? Was it the poor results that placed us ever closer to the relegation places? Did the Chairman quietly suggest to Mr Pulis that the team should play more expansively with pace, width and skill? Whatever it was, it certainly worked and was a refreshing departure from the Pulis tactics of old.

The big question is, will he continue in that vein for future home games. It's been proved it works thus it would be foolish to revert back and re-odopt an ultra cautious approach.
Angel
(29-12-2015, 15:13)talkSAFT Wrote:

Agreed, Tibby.

Big Vic should be automatic if he's fit enough. Much better than Rondon imo. He fielded every pass aimed at him, which gave the midfielders the confidence to get forward and join him.
We look like a Premier team with him and Sess - exactly what we said. We're not Pulis-haters, we've just been stating that there's more than one way to get mid-table than to play so bloody cautiously.

Definitely.

All that needs to change now is for us to bring in another midfielder to keep Gardner out of the side, as his performance was the only bad one from all of the players on the pitch.

Can anybody tell me what he actually does?

All I saw yesterday was him pointing towards Newcastle players and asking others to do the tracking back and marking for him while he was at least 10 yards away from the play at all times.

He must be like Messi in training to keep getting starts and subbed on at every opportunity.

(29-12-2015, 16:01)BaggieBishop Wrote: Although I only saw the extended highlights on Sky, the whole performance was a massive swing away from the usual expected cautiously defensive style we have come to expect from a Tony Pulis team.

Why the huge change? Was it the escalating criticism the team was getting from the supporters and the pundits alike? Was it the poor results that placed us ever closer to the relegation places? Did the Chairman quietly suggest to Mr Pulis that the team should play more expansively with pace, width and skill? Whatever it was, it certainly worked and was a refreshing departure from the Pulis tactics of old.

The big question is, will he continue in that vein for future home games. It's been proved it works thus it would be foolish to revert back and re-odopt an ultra cautious approach.

Realistically I don't think there were wholesale changes to our approach.

More so it was a huge performance from both Vic and Sess and it's been a very long time since we've had a player or two leading the line have such good games for us.
Just read the Newcastle Twitter comments after yesterday ...... talk about negative, sack the manager etc ..... I thought I was on the Albion pages.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »