Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - Match Thread
Superb.

Everyone played well enough, Sess and Anichebe were particularly pleasing but it was Fletcher who really bossed the game.

We created lots of chances, not just set pieces and headers as well which was encouraging.

Great to keep a clean sheet too.

Couldn't have asked for much more from the game. Keep that team and keep playing like that.
(28-12-2015, 00:00)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Right.  Any questions?

Will we win with over 50 % Possession ?

Will we have more shots than the opposition ?

Will we win  Rolleyes

Yes, yes and yes!

That's probably the most chances I've seen us create in a game for quite some time.

Sessegnon and Anichebe played brilliantly today. If only Anichebe wasn't so injury prone I'd have him playing every game on that showing.
Did I go to bed off of nights and fall thorough a black hole into a parallel universe ....... positivity on this site, a win at home, match stats that are reminiscent of a premier league team, if it wasn't for the seals losing I would have thought all reality had collapsed.

Just think where we could be if not for three points robbed off of us against Everton Leicester Swansea (2 pens), a point against Bournemouth, and low confidence missed efforts against wet sham and totscum. Not to mention the lfc video ref shambles ......... allowing for the good fortune against the black cats ... I make it fourteen extra points.

Just when dispair was setting in ...... episode four ... a new hope ..... May the force be with us. Oh dear must have worked too many nights over Christmas ..... at least there's new year .... Oh wait, I am working all that as well .... happy festivities, not.
likes this post
Tell me I have heard this wrong ..........

Vic has done his Hammy ??? Confused
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Just as a passing footnote ...... fourteen points stolen by refs ...... would put us on 37 level with Arsenal.
likes this post
(28-12-2015, 19:42)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Tell me I have heard this wrong ..........

Vic has done his Hammy ??? Confused

Looked like it from where I was watching. Although I don't think Vic has actual hamstrings, just a left Twix and a right Twix  Big Grin
drewks and 4evaabaggie like this post
Sessesgnon once again superb. How this guy didn't get into the team for the first 8 or so matches is behind me but looks like pulis has finally learned. Disappointed not to see Mcnanaman not come on again, unsure what more he has to do. Think he might be off in Jan, wouldn't blame him either he's too good to be warming our bench. Overall a much better attacking performance and deserved win that was vital.

Boing boing
(28-12-2015, 19:43)4evaabaggie Wrote: Just as a passing footnote ...... fourteen points stolen by refs ...... would put us on 37 level with Arsenal.
But we only tend to remember the ones that go against us. The ref could easily have given Newcastle a pen today for Evans's tug on Mitrovic.
(28-12-2015, 19:53)May68 Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 19:43)4evaabaggie Wrote: Just as a passing footnote ...... fourteen points stolen by refs ...... would put us on 37 level with Arsenal.
But we only tend to remember the ones that go against us. The ref could easily have given Newcastle a pen today for Evans's tug on Mitrovic.

The same could be said for other clubs as well. 

The thread I made that got derailed with Pulis bashing linked to articles on TeamTalk where a small panel of unbiased fans dissect the refs performances from each game. 

Well worth a look at.
(28-12-2015, 19:53)May68 Wrote:

May, to be fair, I am not looking thorough rose tinted glasses, I have seen the teamtalk.com article which clearly shows we are the most wronged against team with only one wrong decision going for us and I mentioned that. They have not done the last two rounds of matches yet ....... Arsenal would have a lot less points than they currently have, the article was referred to in "why fans hate refs" thread. Story of our premier league history.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »