Thread Rating:
WBA vs Newcastle - Match Thread
[Image: image.jpg]

Billy Jones equalises against Newcastle at the Hawthorns, 20th April 2013

ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL: A GUIDE FOR THE PERPLEXED

1. The game is contested between two teams of eleven players, though participants may be removed from the field of play for idiotic tackles, silly headbutts, and the accumulation of yellow cards via pathetic dives and arguing with the referee.

2. The objective of the game is to score more "goals" than the opposition.  "Goals" may be created and scored in a variety of ways, but it is generally held that they tend to occur as a result of "attacking" the opposition.

3. Scoring more goals than the opposition by the close of play results in the awarding of three "points".  These "points" are tallied up and published in a league table; those with the least number at the close of a season are "relegated".

4. It is generally considered a bad idea to allow teams beneath you in the table to take three "points" from you.  Conversely, to take three "points" from such opposition is highly advantageous, and is the cause of much joy and merriment among those who pay for the spectacle.

5. Sometimes working aaard just isn't enough.

Right.  Any questions?
, BaggieSteve, talkSAFT like this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
This is now an absolute can not lose 6 pointer of a game. But do Albion ever do things the easy way?

Beat Arsenal, earn respectable draws against West Ham and Spurs and Liverpool; to then hit the self destruct button and lose to two teams in and around us in the league.

We're due some luck sooner or later so I'm praying that day is tomorrow. A good start would be the team news at 2pm and seeing Sess and Berahino in the starting line up. We can but hope!

COYB!
Right. Any questions?

Will we win with over 50 % Possession ?

Will we have more shots than the opposition ?

Will we win Rolleyes
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Ive heard from an Albion youth player that its the same 11 which played against Swansea.
(28-12-2015, 00:00)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Right.  Any questions?

Will we win  Rolleyes

If that's what the team is asking Pulis then we're in trouble Sick
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(28-12-2015, 00:28)Ska Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 00:00)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Right.  Any questions?

Will we win  Rolleyes

If that's what the team is asking Pulis then we're in trouble Sick
Nah! iam only joking although it wouldn't surprise me as Pulis seems to think we played well against Swansea.
I have two choices:
A: travel down the M6 for an hour or so and watch crap Hoofball with +/- 30% possession
B: travel across to Rhos-on-Sea for a few days and watch the winter waves pounding the beach from our window

No brainier - there will be a empty seat in the Halfords Corner of the BRE.
(28-12-2015, 06:22)TheBaggieMan Wrote: I have two choices:
A: travel down the M6 for an hour or so and watch crap Hoofball with +/- 30% possession
B: travel across to Rhos-on-Sea for a few days and watch the winter waves from our window

No brainier - there will be a empty seat in the Halfords Corner of the BRE.

My choices are:

a) Leave Bridgwater shortly, pick up in Weston-super-Mare, drive a total of 250 miles, watch top flight football.
b) Stay at home and regret not doing the above.

The answer is ......................A

PS  Repeat on Saturday.

COYB
and Squirrel Regis like this post
Bridgwater Baggie,
Good on you mate. Fingers crossed for 3pts today. There is a bloke who sits on my row who travels from Plymouth and when I am driving my 45 minute drive home in a mood after a bad performance I think of him and fans like you.
Full respect mate.

Thumb up
likes this post
(27-12-2015, 23:57)Tibby Baggie Wrote: This is now an absolute can not lose 6 pointer of a game. But do Albion ever do things the easy way?

Beat Arsenal, earn respectable draws against West Ham and Spurs and Liverpool; to then hit the self destruct button and lose to two teams in and around us in the league.

This is a must-win! If we set out to not-lose we might get a point. If we're content to get 1 point from teams like Newcastle, Swansea, Bournemouth, etc you can forget staying up.
38 points more or less gets you relegated, so you've got to pick up the occasional win! Standing ovations after getting a point from Spurs and West Ham are very hollow unless you get a juicy 3 pts from these relatively easy games.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »