Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Think that Hooper will score one in two if he stays.

It is the movement of all of the front three that is key to our goal scoring when they play together. The cost is peanuts compared to what we get from promotion so is barely a factor.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
So if we sign Hooper we also need another good enough to step in when needed. Also, Joao isn't ready to play every game.
(21-12-2015, 21:03)consilio Wrote: So if we sign Hooper we also need another good enough to step in when needed.  Also, Joao isn't ready to play every game.

Why do I keep reading that Joao isn't ready to start every game??  He is 22, not 16, when is a player generally ready to start week in, week out??
I haven't seen Hooper enough to comment but he has now got off the mark and seems to be creating an impact. He is a different type of striker to what we have. Like SCO says it ain't our money and would we get better ?? He does seem to be a team player too. I guess that depends on whether DC wants to buy a striker in Jan or just keep loaning players in. Who is out there too is the big problem.

I'd play Hutch and Lees at CB, try loan in Birdcutt who is at weeds and possibly a winger. Also that Assamoblanga fella from Forest is coming back to fitness and they are in the shits financially I think, would take a look at him.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
Sign Hooper Sack imre. O, I mean Nuhiu. Whistle Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
In one off the main bogrolls there is a piece about us signing adypisspoor ? this could either be the best move ever or a complete and utter xxxx up ?

50 gs a week untill the end of the season with a plan to keep him if we go up ?
If we sign that twat I'm supporting the blades Bradford Park Avenue  Angry
and complicated
(21-12-2015, 21:26)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(21-12-2015, 21:03)consilio Wrote: So if we sign Hooper we also need another good enough to step in when needed.  Also, Joao isn't ready to play every game.

Why do I keep reading that Joao isn't ready to start every game??  He is 22, not 16, when is a player generally ready to start week in, week out??

He's not perfected his hat trick celebration yet and needs a bit more time on the training field Whistle
While Joao might not be ready to start every match, he will only get there by playing. Also Hooper plays best when he has a big striker alongside him so the alternatives are Joao, Nuhiu or bring in another big striker. If we bring in another big striker, he is likely to be unfit, injured, selfish, no good or any combination of the above. While Joao isn't perfect, he is our player & has the attributes to be a world beater next season if he gets the game time this season.

A marquee signing might well help but the key to promotion for us will be continuity & team work.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
are we having a new thread soon for 2nd half and jan window?
Washington likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed