Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(14-12-2015, 22:15)St Charles Owl Wrote: Yes, Blackburn have been in good form recently though so not sure I can see Forest getting anything out of this one!!

Do we need to make a decision on Turner now, or should we wait until the end of the season??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35094109

Yes. Top defender. Experienced but still relatively young for a defender and frees up another loan spot if we sign him in January  Thumb up
and complicated
Freeing up a loan spot might be the most valuable part of signing him I suppose. obviously as he has one season after this left on his contract we would need to pay a transfer fee for him but I would have thought Norwich would be happy to offload him anyway.

Leicester now 2-0 up on Chelsea and heading back to the top of the Prem!! Great stuff from Leicester.
Well done Leicester.

I'm not 100% sure about signing Turner. He has done ok here but nothing that another younger defender couldn't do. I'd prefer for a partnership to be built between lees and another player rather than changing CB every year.... Like I said he has find ok so may be worth a deal as back up CB as I think Loovens could be on his way in the summer.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
(14-12-2015, 22:08)Maddix Wrote: A draw or a Forest win would be good tonight  Thumb up

Well you got your wish as Blackburn and Forest played out a 0-0 draw in front of just 12,000!!!!!

(15-12-2015, 00:05)Towinjustonce Wrote: Well done Leicester.

I'm not 100% sure about signing Turner. He has done ok here but nothing that another younger defender couldn't do. I'd prefer for a partnership to be built between lees and another player rather than changing CB every year.... Like I said he has find ok so may be worth a deal as back up CB as I think Loovens could be on his way in the summer.

Agree with that.  Also if he continues to perform well like he was earlier in the season before he got injured then I am sure we could still sign him at the end of the season anyway.  But as maddix said, it does potentially allow us to get another player in on loan if need be if Turner was our player instead of a loanee.

On the subject of loans, we currently have the maximum of 5 who can be in the matchday squad but looking at the 5 its unlikely they would all play together anyway. The 5 are Sasso, Hunt, Pudil, Turner, Lopez. Chances are we would not see Sasso and Turner play together and we have decent cover for Pudil and Hunt if we needed to "drop" a player due to the loan rule.
All our best years (in my lifetime and not PEI's Whistle ) have come when we've had a CB who's been round the blocks a bit and knows how to marshal the young players around him. Lyons, Walker et al. You've got to have a bit of experience at the back IMO Cool
and complicated
(15-12-2015, 00:32)Maddix Wrote: All our best years (in my lifetime and not PEI's  Whistle  ) have come when we've had a CB who's been round the blocks a bit and knows how to marshal the young players around him. Lyons, Walker et al. You've got to have a bit of experience at the back IMO  Cool

Doesn't Loovens provide that experience??  Just seems at the moment that Lees is vital to the defence and when he is missing no matter who we put in does not look as good.  
Chelsea will walk the Championship next season's gong to be tough. Even Newcastle are above them now!!
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Last nights game was hopefully a blip, but if thats the case then its our second blip following the blip at Charlton!!! We are definitely a work in progress and have certainly improved but are still likely some way off being that 6th place team lets alone promotion bound.

The thing is though, those last two playoff spots are there for grabs with Burnley being clear favorites for one but no one as of yet staking a consistent claim on the other. So the JTW will be crucial not just for us but for a number of other teams. We need a couple of player who improve the team and a couple who improve the back ups, the question is which positions and which likely players??
madsteve likes this post
While I agree with what Redfearn says in the link below, it won't help team spirit saying it in public!!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35111656
But they signed several Wednesday players.... Oh I see what he's getting at now!
You know nothing, Jacko
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed