Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
It is another story of "If only".

When I think about it though, had he been any good we'd have been forced to sell him. We've been a selling club for over a decade until now. Doh
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Everyone is a selling club except for a handful of teams. All we can hope for is to move forward with the players before we sell & to get a top price when we do sell.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Manager changes again in the Championship!! Steve Clarke has been fired by Reading, not really sure what they wanted from him as they have been getting better and lie alongside us chasing 6th place, maybe it's a hangover from all the speculation about him going to Fulham??

Down at Loftus Road, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been appointed manager. He has done very well at Burton and it will be interesting to see if he can get them moving. Of course it does leave Burton without a manager with them chasing promotion, let's hope they can keep their form up without him!!!
Meanwhile, up the road...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35006222 Laugh

Boro's win puts us temporarily 7th for the night
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Everyone should have known what Cellino was going to be like when it was revealed he had this complete fear and loathing of the number 17!!!! Doh  It's ironic that currently they are in 17th place, of course he should fear the numbers 22, 23 or 24 more!! Whistle
I know! But, like the Blades. They currently are the gift that keeps on giving.

Pie Tax Laugh 17 minute walk outs..

Stoke beat Man city relatively comfortably. 2-0

We shouldn't feel so bad. Stoke are re-surging.
The PL is so open this season!! There are going to be a bunch of clubs with open check books come January 1st, we will probably have to fend off a few enquiries for the likes of Joao, Lees and Maybe Westwood.
We need to resist temptation. We can't afford to sell any of those players. The cost of replacing them would be equal or more. And I'd expect joao's value has already increased since we bought him
If we were to get a really silly offer for any of them I would take it, but it has to be over 10m silly!!! One thing DC has done is get the good players on good contracts, Joao for instance was given a 4 year contract, so we don't have to sell anyway if we don't want to.
Exactly! But big clubs can unsettle players and make them want to make the ambitious move.

Was Joao a 4yr contract? I thought it was 5. Either way he's tied down and it'll take a figure like you said to even begin to get the ball rolling.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed