Thread Rating:
RIFC
Larry I'm no stupid,the point is we're not using it in a racist manner so his analogy is shit

Larry yer rangers friends are just as bad or do you overlook cooper and Trus when they post I'm a person who enjoys putting parts of men's anatomy in my mouth or up my arse??Struth maybe you can moderate on here and you can ban yer abusive rangers mates along with the others including myself there's plenty of name calling slagging whatever the xxxx you like to call from all corners,over to you Larry.
(21-11-2015, 01:53)struth Wrote: I find the comments from the site moderators astonishing tbh. Anyways, such is life I suppose and am pretty sure this is the only board affected, and pretty sure it wouldnt be tolerated on others major posting ones. I guess I may get banned for this but so be it. This allowed persecution of Rangers has become a farse. the rangers fans want to get on with their own business and are constantly being abused by folk who would rather post here than their own boards.
Mods can say it all banter, but in reality it it hatred. If they were saying and doing similar in a racist manner for instance it would of course be snuffed out.
Being a mod myself of a site of nearly 12 thousand I can safely say this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated, even though it is not a football one. maybe thats why we have 12 k

feel free to ban me if it suits

I don't imagine anyone banning you mate,laughing at you on the other hand  Laugh
Fred,

I debate the point, not the person.
That is all I am going to say on this matter, my past posts are and my future posts in this thread will be solely RIFC related.

Hibeejim,

He who has the last laugh, laughs longest ... good luck in the play-offs, we might see you upstairs next Season. Smartass
AVFC RFC SAFC
(21-11-2015, 09:33)Fredstersafool Wrote: Larry I'm no stupid,the point is we're not using it in a racist manner so his analogy is shit

That's the whole point of an analogy. He's framing it in a different context to demonstrate equivalence, not saying anything about anyone here being racist. If he was it wouldn't be an analogy.

His point is that it wouldn't be acceptable to target a section of society for abuse because of their ethnicity/religion/disability etc. but it seem so on be fair game to express hate and prejudice under the  thinly masked guise of football. 

It's impossible to write off some of what gets said here as just 'banter' with no hatred or malice behind it, but funnily enough no one ever wants to admit to it. It's not exactly hard to pick out the serial offenders of course so the denials are worth sweet FA.

However, my policy here continues to be that as long as people are willing to tolerate this level and keep participating then it's up to them. If you have a problem with someone's post, report it and then it'll be dealt with. In my whole time here as mod I've seen maybe 2 posts reported.
There's no need for him to use it it is what it is and if bans are made for abuse then so be it,using racism as an anology is way over the top IMO to calling someone a wanker,fact is no one has ever used a racist remark ( not to my knowledge) on this board and I doubt they ever will so like I say there's no need for that as a comparison.

You IMO should be removed as a mod either that or you put in place a code of conduct that we adhere to,I'm as guilty as the rangers fans who throw foul abuse at posters on here and will duly accept a ban if I act in an abusivemannee
I don't know how I can be any more clear about this:

If you have a problem with the content of a post, report it.
I shouldn't have to you read the posts you moderate do the job
(21-11-2015, 19:36)Fredstersafool Wrote: I shouldn't have to you read the posts you moderate do the job

To be fair Fred, you cannot expect El Car to be on here every minute to moderate in real time, none of us can be!!  The thing with this board is one comment is made and all hell breaks loose and El Car doesn't come into one dodgy post that has been reported but to 25 posts in a tit for tat between posters.  The onus is on everyone to not respond with childish one liners or abuse, stick to posts about the topic, keep the personal abuse out of it and report a post rather than responding to it!!  That way El Car has at least some chance of dealing with things!!!!
I don't SCO but he's seen more than enough to know the shit being slung between us,turn the other cheek isn't going to work either rules need placing overstep them and tata for a bit
Personally rather than draconian temporary or permanent bans, I would have hoped that appealing to everyone's better nature and had hoped we could all have been grown up about this and tone it back a bit. Its El Car's choice though as to what he does, but its even more the choice of the posters to keep things sensible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »