Thread Rating:
Mark Warburton
Our excellent Manager deserves his own thread and I start it with this in depth interview MW gave to the Daily Mail.

Daily Mail - Mark Warburton has gone from city trader to saving fallen giants Rangers
TheWorthinGer, supercooper, El Car like this post
AVFC RFC SAFC
He has turned the playing side of things around in a very short time, i dont think he gets the credit he deserves from some quarters. But that's Scottish football for you. The buzz and belief around the club also is night and day, bloody marvelous to be a bluenose again.
There is no doubt he has made rangers a more exciting team to watch,and improved the style of play since mccoist. He has also used his knowledge of the game down south to help the squad.

But i think the press up here are overrating him to daft levels. His only real tests so far have come v st johnstone in the league cup where rangers were comfortably put away and against hibs at easter road where he could have sealed the league pretty much. Both times he hasn't delivered.

We will see at the end of the season.
Have to say I think it was a very good decision to appoint Warburton in the summer. Its a move that is not without risk as we are talking about a manager who has managed less than 100 games in his career so far!! He is a manager that seems to come with a boat load of fresh ideas and different ways of doing things, some that will work, some that won't and for me he comes to Scottish football without any of the usual baggage associated with a lot of ex-players. In many ways he is a similar type of appointment to Delia at Celtic, will be interesting to see how both fare in the coming months!!
supercooper likes this post
He has done an excellent job so far unlike his predecessor he's a manager,his recruitment has been excellent unlike McCoists.
I quite like mccoist,but hearing him talk tactics and the finery's of the game on champions league night commentary is a bit much.
Dreadful manager Jim,even worse than Strachan lol.
An absolute balloon Fred. His training sessions were the stuff of comedy legend. How Durrant is still in a job incredible from what I've heard.

Warburton was allegedly stunned at what he found,but so was stubbs to be fair.
Both doing great jobs at there respective clubs.
There was me thinking the thread was about Warbuton.

[quote='hibeejim21' pid='60499' dateline='1448038368']
An absolute balloon Fred. His training sessions were the stuff of comedy legend. How Durrant is still in a job incredible from what I've heard.

Warburton was allegedly stunned at what he found,but so was stubbs to be fair.
[/quo

John Collins was pretty much laughed out of Easter rd, yet he got a gig at Celtic. Must be something in the water Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »