Thread Rating:
RIFC
It's the appeal being won by HMRC that's kicked the hornets nest simple as that if oldco hadn't cheated then there would be no nest.
No, it was Chris McLaughlin stating that there was "little appetite for title stripping, it seems" after the appeal decision was announced that instigated the uproar.

You should know, you fell for it too.
(14-11-2015, 12:23)Fredstersafool Wrote: It's the appeal being won by HMRC that's kicked the hornets nest simple as that if oldco hadn't cheated then there would be no nest.

Well if you want to say that then pretty much every post-war title should probably be stripped from everyone in football. Every time a player dives it's cheating; every time a player feigns injury it's cheating; every time a player time-wastes it's cheating; every time a player claims he didn't commit a foul it's cheating; every time a manager makes comments about a referee to put pressure on him it's cheating. And all of those more directly influence the outcome of a game of football which is what you're talking about when it comes to title-stripping. At best your argument would be that we should be stripped of any business trophies we won, but everything on the pitch is fine because it doesn't matter - everyone cheats there anyway so it's alright.
(14-11-2015, 12:20)Trusevich Wrote: Aye, it's not too difficult to see who's driving this bus.

McLaughlin, English, Spiers et al, stirring up a hornet's nest and the gullible hordes responding in predictable fashion.

Don't think that is the case. If anything their has been a concerted campaign across the media to push the 'don't strip the titles' agenda. Spiers for instance like many of the hacks acknowledged their has been wrongdoing but was against the titles being removed.

Seems like the media has got just about every ex celtic player and manager of that era to say 'don't do it'. Forgetting of course that the opinions that really count here are the clubs and the fans.

(14-11-2015, 12:58)El Car Wrote:
(14-11-2015, 12:23)Fredstersafool Wrote: It's the appeal being won by HMRC that's kicked the hornets nest simple as that if oldco hadn't cheated then there would be no nest.

Well if you want to say that then pretty much every post-war title should probably be stripped from everyone in football. Every time a player dives it's cheating; every time a player feigns injury it's cheating; every time a player time-wastes it's cheating; every time a player claims he didn't commit a foul it's cheating; every time a manager makes comments about a referee to put pressure on him it's cheating. And all of those more directly influence the outcome of a game of football which is what you're talking about when it comes to title-stripping. At best your argument would be that we should be stripped of any business trophies we won, but everything on the pitch is fine because it doesn't matter - everyone cheats there anyway so it's alright.

Laugh Laugh
Hd on a second once a xxxx again I have never said titles should be stripped,try fecking reading my posts idiot
(14-11-2015, 11:39)Trusevich Wrote: But the source told Record Sport: “There is no need for Rangers to take such a stance and there is no point in people calling for titles to be stripped because it can’t happen.

There is no legal vehicle for it to happen. They’ve already been found guilty – it’s double jeopardy, if you like. They can’t be re-tried for something they’ve been found guilty of.

“So many people on both sides of this argument are speaking without knowing the facts or the legalities.

“And on top of that, it is my understanding that there is little appetite from other clubs to strip Rangers of their titles, even if they are not coming out and saying it.”

Source - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...ow-6827750

Ehhh ?

I thought rangers were cleared of all wrongdoing by LNS ?

My opinion on this remains the same,if there is no successful appeal it needs to be looked at again.
(14-11-2015, 13:10)hibeejim21 Wrote: Forgetting of course that the opinions that really count here are the clubs and the fans.

Opinions count for f*ck all. Matters of fact are all that count when breaches (or as in this case, non-breaches) of rules are involved.

Fans and clubs have no rights in it all.

(14-11-2015, 13:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: Ehhh ?

My opinion on this remains the same,if there is no successful appeal it needs to be looked at again.

LNS cleared Rangers of all accusations of cheating. Nobody has claimed anything else.

Are you getting confused, Jim?
(14-11-2015, 13:23)Trusevich Wrote:
(14-11-2015, 13:10)hibeejim21 Wrote: Forgetting of course that the opinions that really count here are the clubs and the fans.

Opinions count for f*ck all. Matters of fact are all that count when breaches (or as in this case, non-breaches) of rules are involved.

Fans and clubs have no rights in it all.

(14-11-2015, 13:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: Ehhh ?

LNS cleared Rangers of all accusations of cheating. Nobody has claimed anything else.

Are you getting confused, Jim?

Nail on head,this is precisely why the game is fucked in scotland.
It's a matter of rules. Opinions have no place in it at all. How difficult is that to understand?
(14-11-2015, 13:39)Trusevich Wrote: It's a matter of rules. Opinions have no place in it at all. How difficult is that to understand?

Laugh Laugh You have some brass neck i will give ye that.

Dual contracts,mis registration of players,deception,tax unpaid. As for 'double jeopardy'  Laugh The SFA really should refrain from speaking 'off the record' to the record. Their credibility is already in tatters.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »