Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Wallace is the best crosser we have had in years, but most of it comes from set pieces. Antonio would allow us to open up the field better during open play by using his pace. He would also chip in with 10 or so goals. For me it would be worth a conversation with WHU, but as has been said he may not want to come back!!
What's all this obsession about Antonio Huh Huh Huh

He aint here and he aint ours and he aint coming back Doh Doh Doh

Lets concentrate on who we actually have ie Wallace, Sougou & Matias
Thurnscoe_OWL and Jacko The Flopsy Piglet like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Just a bit of banter, Kev.

Though I do agree this is one debate that needs to be laid to rest. It's done. We have mixed feelings across the board.

I'm thinking we haven't seen the best yet from our little skinny Sougou. Remember Matias' goal at L**ds? Yeah, we've missed that option too.

We have a good squad, it just needs to be rotated every so often.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(11-11-2015, 15:56)Statesideowl Wrote: Just a bit of banter, Kev.

Though I do agree this is one debate that needs to be laid to rest. It's done. We have mixed feelings across the board.

I'm thinking we haven't seen the best yet from our little skinny Sougou. Remember Matias' goal at L**ds?  Yeah, we've missed that option too.

We have a good squad, it just needs to be rotated every so often.

I could swear we all had a similar discussion earlier in the year about Antonio, yes he was good while he was here but he's moved on, as should we Thumb up
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
We have suffered for years from the small minded mentality that what we have is good so let's not look at other options.

Whilst it is important that any new signings fit in with the team & the formation, a player like Antonio would improve any SBC team as he is proven as the best midfield player in the division for three seasons in average teams. Put him into a team 8th - 10th and they become a Playoff team. Put him in a Playoff team & they become a top two team.

I would be amazed if we are not at least looking at that option, along with dozens of others. If we are not then our rivals will get the benefits instead.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(11-11-2015, 15:37)Owlkev71 Wrote: What's all this obsession about Antonio Huh Huh Huh

He aint here and he aint ours and he aint coming back Doh Doh Doh

Lets concentrate on who we actually have ie Wallace, Sougou & Matias

I agree but this was started by the story that he was going to sign for Derby on loan.  Sougou and matias both offer alternatives but as we stand they are both injured.  Hopefully they will both be back soon because I think we miss there presence in the squad.
Something in one of todays rags about Newcastle and Norwich after Lees.He is the type of player we have to hang onto if we have any ambitions of the Premiership,we do not have to sell him as we have money in the bank now.Anyway they'll both be in the Championship next season so it aint a move to better himself.I'd tell them to fucko ff if I was in charge.
Owlkev71 likes this post
Nothing changes,again.
Perhaps we should offer them Lachman for 7 million instead based on potential calendar sales to their female supporters !!!
(11-11-2015, 19:40)Washington Wrote: Perhaps we should offer them Lachman for 7 million instead based on potential calendar sales to their female supporters !!!

He could also document and video his drive up or down the A1 to his new home!!!
Lees will stay whilst we look a decent bet for promotion but will move once we cannot get promotion or a mid table PL club comes in for him as he will no doubt engineer a move.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed