Thread Rating:
RIFC
Time to move forward, not back : Rangers FC - Rangers International Football Club Statement

Whether this will happen or not depends on who decides what course to take.

Check the foundation year and honours : SPFL - Rangers FC

Going off-topic, but to clear up a misunderstanding ...

Do you ken John Peel ... the huntsman, not the late DJ, 'ken'  meaning 'see' or 'know' ... ken ?
AVFC RFC SAFC
Whether this will happen or not depends on who decides what course to take.

Doubt it they live to loathe.
(09-11-2015, 15:15)edgie Wrote: 4} Is Rangers the only Club to have used tax avoidance scheme(s) and / or had an owner who spent beyond the Club's means ?
No Larry they are not but they are they only club to have been convicted of tax evasion, which is not avoidance.

Rangers have NOT been convicted of anything.

EBTs are a tax avoidance scheme, and remain so even after the tribunal decision. EBTs do not become tax evasion the minute a court says that the money is taxable.

There is no criminality, EBTs are not suddenly illegal (they've never been illegal), and no punishment is incurred when a court says the money is taxable. All that happens is that the tax has to be paid.

All the waffle you've just spouted shows one thing, and one thing only:

You don't have a f*cking clue what you're talking about. Time for you to f*ck right off again.
Who's Ken???
What a confused wee man you are Fred. Thumb up
For years I (like millions of others) have held a TESSA and now an ISA. *

If a court case was to arise which concluded that they were tax evasion rather than tax avoidance, would I and all the other folks with these accounts have been 'convicted' of tax evasion ?

The mere thought of that is risible.

I wonder how many folks who are moaning about Rangers' use of EBTs had or have a TESSA/ISA ?
Anyone would think that EBTs were a special measure introduced to help Rangers and only Rangers !

* TESSA : Tax Exempt Special Savings Account, superceded by ISA : Individual Savings Account, also tax exempt.
AVFC RFC SAFC
(09-11-2015, 15:34)supercooper Wrote: Whether this will happen or not depends on who decides what course to take.

Doubt it they live to loathe.

It's a fairly wooly statement, but it's purpose is to get a response. Once (if) we get the response, we can decide which road we want to take it down.
(09-11-2015, 15:35)Trusevich Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 15:15)edgie Wrote: 4} Is Rangers the only Club to have used tax avoidance scheme(s) and / or had an owner who spent beyond the Club's means ?
No Larry they are not but they are they only club to have been convicted of tax evasion, which is not avoidance.

Rangers have NOT been convicted of anything.

EBTs are a tax avoidance scheme, and remain so even after the tribunal decision. EBTs do not become tax evasion the minute a court says that the money is taxable.

There is no criminality, EBTs are not suddenly illegal (they've never been illegal), and no punishment is incurred when a court says the money is taxable. All that happens is that the tax has to be paid.

All the waffle you've just spouted shows one thing, and one thing only:

You don't have a f*cking clue what you're talking about. Time for you to f*ck right off again.

O dear personal abuse again

Rangers have been convicted of tax evasion, with their chairman already under criminal charges for it and has been bared for being a director for tha maximum time by companies house, so I do know what im talking about and have an open mind.
but you ignore that and the lies to the SPL and the SFA
Rangers have been caught cheating, by both the law of the land and the football authorities deny that all you wish but facts are there in black and white

(09-11-2015, 15:48)Larry-AV Wrote: For years I (like millions of others) have held a TESSA and now an ISA. *

If a court case was to arise which concluded that they were tax evasion rather than tax avoidance, would I and all the other folks with these accounts have been 'convicted' of tax evasion ?

The mere thought of that is risible.

I wonder how many folks who are moaning about Rangers' use of EBTs had or have a TESSA/ISA ?
Anyone would think that EBTs were a special measure introduced to help Rangers and only Rangers !

* TESSA : Tax Exempt Special Savings Account, superceded by ISA : Individual Savings Account, also tax exempt.

o dear Larry that's simply grasping at straws
tax exempt savings, pensions etc are deliberately given that status by government to encourage people to save
companies also get specific tax "breaks " for investments in things government wants
To conflate them with Tax avoidance or even tax evasion schemes are simply an attempt to justify giving millionaires the ability to evade tax.
The EBTs in particular may have been legal but once the side letters where issued then this was evasion simply and final
Very confused about this Ken.
Craig Whyte has never been convicted of Tax Evasion. So it turns out you don't know what you're talking about.

You're simply a f*cking idiot. There's no other way of describing someone that could post the steaming pile of horseshit that you just typed.

(09-11-2015, 16:00)Fredstersafool Wrote: Very confused about this Ken.

Don't worry, he's safe. Thumb up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »