Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(06-11-2015, 15:27)Statesideowl Wrote: More rumours of bids for Lees.

There's no way we'll sell him, We can't let him go and we definitely don't need the money to beat off the bailiffs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...paign=1490

He'd be daft to go them. We'll be swapping places at the end of the season so he'd only get 4 months in the prem  Thumb up
and complicated
Exactly. I feel the same way about Bannan signing a 2-3 year deal. He could easily go to other clubs. But, with us, he's an integral part. He'll play regularly in a promotion chasing squad and not a Prem relegation battle.

Hoping Wallace talks Bannan into staying, Bully's there too so there's a couple of Scotts left at the club.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Apparently there is a story in the Daily Mirror that Derby are trying to sign Antonio from West Ham. So far he has only made one appearance for them, spending most of his time as an unused sub. Should we be going back in got him now we have some money?
A tricky one.

Antonio was the best player of his type at this level, for three consecutive seasons (two for us & one for Forest) topping the assists chart while chipping in with quite a few goals. He was also top for cross accuracy in his second season with us and his season at Forest. The problem would be that the Wednesday fans would get on his back straight away so he probably wouldn't do so well again for us. However, if he goes to Derby then they will go up.

He would give us more pace that has been lacking since he left as well as creation & goals. Maybe a loan until the end of the season is the best option.
Maddix likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
he will also miss a hatfull of chances becuase like all good wednesday players over the last 20 years he couldnt hit a xxxx barndoor !!!
OvalOwl likes this post
(09-11-2015, 14:41)Imre varadi Wrote: he will also miss a hatfull of chances becuase like all good wednesday players over the last 20 years he couldnt hit a **** barndoor !!!

....although 23 goals from midfield in three seasons is more than decent.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
That boat has sailed for us. Both he and the club are stll a bit jaded from DJ/SG era. I can't ever see him coming back and fitting in properly, though there's no denying, any team at this level would profit from a player of his calibre.

The way I see it, he was used properly during his season at Forest, proving to us and everyone else what he is capable of.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I think the vision the club now has, with a new owner and management team could be sold to him to persuade him to come back. I know they say you should never go back, but for me he was sold for a reason that now doesn't exist at S6 and maybe that could allow him to come back.
The Wednesday fans turned on him and abused him viciously on Twitter. They also abused his girl friend so I doubt he would be predisposed to return. Also it appears that the majority of Wednesday fans don't want him back & there is already a plan to boo him if he does return.
(09-11-2015, 19:53)madsteve Wrote: The Wednesday fans turned on him and abused him viciously on Twitter. They also abused his girl friend so I doubt he would be predisposed to return. Also it appears that the majority of Wednesday fans don't want him back & there is already a plan to boo him if he does return.

Sad bastards  Doh
consilio, St Charles Owl, Towinjustonce like this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed