Thread Rating:
RIFC
It makes no odds what the debt was in comparison to hearts debt Coop,the fact remains they both spent money they didn't have and gained an advantage in doing so,and Trus many a hibs fan have said we should have the Scottish cup wins taken from us 0762 among them,so no hypocrisy there,it's always they hate us and no one else as normal utter pish spouted from you.
Our debt was being repayed Hearts wasn't that's the big difference. And the size of the debt does matter you owed as much if not more than Rangers, without a hope of repaying it. Maybe 0762 is looking for Hibs to be awarded one of the Scottish cups, it has been a while.
I must add that I can reflect back over 10 years ago to the 2004 CIS Cup final when bankrupt Livingston FC defeated Hibs 2-0 at Hampden Park and the same opinion (remove that trophy from this corrupt football club!) was shared amongst thousands of fans at that time because it was so well known that Livingston FC was already bankrupt and their officials were desperately trying to see out the end of season 2003-2004. I eventually celebrated when they were downed to the lower leagues and hammered by the SFA but this action should have been a lot earlier than post season - a disgrace to football as a sport!!
decent football clubs were trying to practice properly.
Aye right shafting supporters does not a decent club make.

(05-11-2015, 13:22)0762 Wrote: I must add that I can reflect back over 10 years ago to the 2004 CIS Cup final when bankrupt Livingston FC defeated Hibs 2-0 at Hampden Park and the same opinion (remove that trophy from this corrupt football club!) was shared amongst thousands of fans at that time because it was so well known that Livingston FC was already bankrupt and their officials were desperately trying to see out the end of season 2003-2004. I eventually celebrated when they were downed to the lower leagues and hammered by the SFA but this action should have been a lot earlier than post season - a disgrace to football as a sport!!

Livingston have constantly been in financial trouble, it wasn't a one off, even now they look like going under.
If your debt was being repaid why did Whyte put the club in admin??simple answer the club never had money to pay it's debts.

As fir handing back titles etc there's a case for yes and no,yes the clubs owners brought in better players without the money and therefore cheated in that respect,however the players didn't cheat and deserve there medals
Also supercooper, I'll correct you on the view of giving a removed trophy to another opposing football club - NO!!! Officially remove the trophy/trophies and that's it!! Let the relative players keep their medals for what their worth BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY FORMALLY REMOVE THOSE TROPHIES - THAT WOULD'VE BEEN TRUE JUSTICE IN THE NAME OF THE SPORT!! Also chronicle that fact in future football annuals/publications and ensure the stigma and justice of this punishment is highlighted for all to see/read as a warning to any other future offenders!!
(05-11-2015, 13:34)0762 Wrote: Also supercooper, I'll correct you on the view of giving a removed trophy to another opposing football club - NO!!! Officially remove the trophy/trophies and that's it!! Let the relative players keep their medals for what their worth BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY FORMALLY REMOVE THOSE TROPHIES - THAT WOULD'VE BEEN TRUE JUSTICE IN THE NAME OF THE SPORT!! Also chronicle that fact in future football annuals/publications and ensure the stigma and justice of this punishment is highlighted for all to see/read as a warning to any other future offenders!!

I think what has happened to clubs would serve as a warning all on their own without opposing fans going all vigilante about it. As a fan season ticket holder and shareholder i'm well aware of the implications of our previous chairmen.

(05-11-2015, 13:28)Fredstersafool Wrote: If your debt was being repaid why did Whyte put the club in admin??simple answer the club never had money to pay it's debts.

As fir handing back titles etc there's a case for yes and no,yes the clubs owners brought in better players without the money and therefore cheated in that respect,however the players didn't cheat and deserve there medals

Whyte never bought the club legally, surely you know that? And Murray was repaying the debt before the banks demanded full repayment. Whyte didn't have money to start with. You are either being obtuse or fecking dense.
Stating the obvious here, but it has to be done for those who still conflate 'company' with 'club'.

Rangers FC - Club Statement - 'Big Tax Case'

AVFC RFC SAFC
Murray sold the club fir a £1. Therefore Whyte owned therefore he owned the debt a debt he couldn't repay therefore you went into admin then liquidation FACT.
(05-11-2015, 13:06)0762 Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 12:34)Trusevich Wrote: Yet nobody shouted for Hearts to hand back trophies. Rank hypocrisy yet again. The anti-Rangers agenda laid bare.

Wrong!!! Lotsa fans did indeed opine that Hearts should be forced to hand back trophies in a similar fashion /

Lots of Hibs fans, yes. I don't recall many Dundee Utd , Aberdeen or Motherwell fans going tonto about it. Yet when Rangers are involved the whole of Scottish football is queueing up to have a go. Again!

--------------------------

Interesting to see that top tax experts (no, not twisted football fans on a forum) are coming out of the woodwork to state that the appeal decision was fundamentally wrong and should be appealed immediately. Looks like Carloway and his mob have made a complete arse of the decision-making process by making it a 'common sense' ruling and not referring to any of the previous evidence or rulings. Any competent lawyer would be able to rip the utter pish out of it all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »