Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Cellino will sell to the highest bidder!

As its Leeds, hopefully no one will bid!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
A shoestring and some pocket lint ought to do it.

Just a horrible club with horrible fans. I feel for the 20 genuinely decent fans they probably do have.

They deserve Mussolini, and he's doing a grand job in my humble opinion Laugh

Biggest club in Yorkshire? Biggest set of Tw@'s in Yorkshire more like
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(04-11-2015, 07:56)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 05:42)dubaiowl Wrote: Need to win next three games if we are serious about the playoffs. All winnable and then a draw against Derby would be nice.

Not sure the next three games will tell us if we are serious about the  playoff, but they are definitely 3 games we should be looking to win.  The table is breaking up into mini groups at the moment, the top 5 have put a bit of distance between them and the next group, which includes us and the teams down to Wolves.  The bottom 3 have also seen a gap appear above them.  Of course being only 15 games in any gap is bridgeable but it does probably show that we are in the mix for the playoffs but it may be a fight for only that final place!!
Your right with the mini groups developing. The league is certainly different this year. For many seasons everyone was beating each other. Bottom would beat top etc. This season I think the better teams are more consistent and the poor teams are very average. Maybe the championship is also turning in to the haves i.e. ones with parachute money or wealthier owners and the have nots i.e. no money, transfer embargo, big debt, mussolini owners haha. Lucky for us we have turned a corner. Getting more difficult to pick up a load of frees and push fro promotion. Even the better standard albeit lower league players demand a decent fee. Maybe I'm also talking shit haha.
That was inevitably going to happen, Dubai.

The disproportionate wealth of the relegated teams from the Premier to the promoted teams from L1 is well out of scale, and that includes the average Championship clubs in between just staying afloat in the Champ.

Like you say though, we were fished (John West Style) out of the deep end at the right time or we would have continued downwards back to where we were a few years ago. I don't think any of us can deal with that again, teetering on the edge of being gone forever.. We're going to see a lot more clubs go through it and some will even vanish in our life times. Clubs that have operated for over 100 years. Gone, for the sake of greed.

Other than cup upsets from time to time. The true days of "anyone beating anyone" are greatly diminishing. The beautiful game continues to be destroyed by greedy business tyrants whom only have a love for the money, never the fans or local community.
Maddix likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Bad news. Warnock is back!
You know nothing, Jacko
I thought he was hired on at QPR to phone around the refs?

Apparently we've had the least shots in the Champ thus far. 20th in Possession & passing too

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-ran...#asc#total
Heard from a Dingle that they have signed Bus on loan,not seen anything anywhere though.
Nothing changes,again.
I've not seen too much of Bus, but he's better than L1 standard surely?

CC has stated he can go on loan. He definitely needs game time, he's going to have to pull up trees to stay though. Forestieri & Joao are our top goal scorers.

Must say, the strength of this squad does give me confidence. The constant worry of getting rolled over every week is dissipating.
More rumours of bids for Lees.

There's no way we'll sell him, We can't let him go and we definitely don't need the money to beat off the bailiffs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...paign=1490
(05-11-2015, 14:41)Jacko The Flopsy Piglet Wrote: Bad news. Warnock is back!

And to think we could have had him!!! Doh Doh

We'd be looking at AP now!!! Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed