Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Turkish Airlines Open

From one of the oldest tournaments on the tour at Hong Kong last week to one of the newer ones in Turkey this week. This event has only been run twice so patterns are still emerging. In 2013, the winner was Victor Dubuisson and in 2014, it was Brooks Koepka. Both are struggling at the moment so they don't make my short list.

There is a decent field with the betting led by McIlroy, Lowry & Weisberger. This is a tree lined course and the results from the last two years suggest that we want players who can hit GIR and good putting is a plus as well.

Matthew Fitzpatrick 22/1

Four top three finishes in his last six starts including a win at Woburn mean that it would be foolhardy to abandon Fitz now, particularly as this course is so similar to Woburn.

Andy Sullivan 25/1

Sullivan finished 4th here a year ago so likes the course and won his last event, the Portugese Masters, two weeks ago. Have to have him on side.

Ian Poulter 25/1

Poulter has finished 2nd & 5th here in the last two years and while his current form is a bit sketchy, he does tend to save his best form for the closing months of the year.

Thomas Pieters 35/1

Feel that I cannot give him a miss yet. He has been our most profitable player of 2015 so let's go to the well one more time.

Fabrizio Zanotti 50/1

This player has caught my eye in recent weeks with three Top Four finishes from his last five starts. He is great value at 50/1 & worthy of inclusion.

Lucas Bjerregaard 50/1

Everything about this player says he should go close. He loves this sort of course & is bang in form. The only downside is his inability to win. He should have won last week in Hong Kong but he gifted it to Justin Rose. Four Top Tens in his last six and three in the Top Five. Should be there abouts.

Good Luck!
Southeyowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(26-10-2015, 17:25)Owlkev71 Wrote: Match odds for tomorrows game v Arsenal:

Owls 6/1
Arsenal 4/9
Draw 7/2

So what odds is a 6-1 Owls win ? Whistle

Surely got to be worth a 50p punt [tightcuuntsmiley] 

Laugh
and complicated
Turkish Airlines Open:

Shane Lowry  16/1
Bernd Weisberger  18/1
Matthew Fitzpatrick  22/1
Lucas Bjerregaard  50/1  (be interesting to see his reaction after last weeks narrow loss to Rose)
MA Jiminez  66/1
Jaco Van Zyl  100/1
Mikko Ilonen  150/1

(26-10-2015, 20:07)Maddix Wrote:
(26-10-2015, 17:25)Owlkev71 Wrote: Match odds for tomorrows game v Arsenal:

Owls 6/1
Arsenal 4/9
Draw 7/2

So what odds is a 6-1 Owls win ? Whistle

Surely got to be worth a 50p punt [tightcuuntsmiley] 

Laugh

Nuhiu to score first and Wednesday to win 6-1 is 1600/1 Laugh Laugh

Must be worth a pound bet Whistle

Some slightly more possible bets:

Owls to win 1-0 18/1
Owls to win 2-1 18/1
Nuhiu to score first 12/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Put us a pound on then Kev  Thumb up I'll pay you back out of my winnings [tightcuntsmiley]
and complicated
CIMB Classic

Henrik Stenson is the favourite here at 7/1 & while I cannot go with him, I do fancy quite a few of the players 20/1 and under.

Kevin Na 14/1

He is the form player at the moment and finished second here last year. Has to be included.

Hideki Matsuyama 16/1

Course suits accuracy so should go close

Ryan Moore 20/1

Has won this event for the last two years although he let us down last week.

David Lingmerth 110/1

Another player who I feel should be suited by the course and at this price, why not.

Grace, Reed, Lahari & Lee could also go close.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
CIMB Classic - Kuala Lumpur

After Round One, we have three players is good positions.

Kevin Na 14/1 -5 Tied 8th
Hideki Matsuyama 16/1 -7 2nd
Ryan Moore 20/1 -5 Tied 8th
David Lingmerth 110/1 +1 Tied 68th
Forgot to put these up:

CIMB Classic:

Adam Scott
Sergio Garcia
Keegan Bradley
Brendan Steele
Ryo Ishikawa
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(29-10-2015, 11:50)Owlkev71 Wrote: Forgot to put these up:

CIMB Classic:

Adam Scott
Sergio Garcia
Keegan Bradley
Brendan Steele
Ryo Ishikawa

Think Ishikawa could be one to watch. Had him on my long list and he would have been my fifth player if I had gone for one more.
Turkish Airlines Open:

Shane Lowry    T11th
Bernd Weisberger    T4th
Matthew Fitzpatrick  T62nd
Lucas Bjerregaard    T11th
MA Jiminez        77th
Jaco Van Zyl      1st
Mikko Ilonen      T53rd

CIMB Classic:

Adam Scott          T16th
Sergio Garcia       T33rd
Keegan Bradley    T3rd
Brendan Steele     T8th
Ryo Ishikawa       T24th
Turkish Airline Open

Matthew Fitzpatrick 22/1 +1 Tied 62nd
Andy Sullivan 25/1 +4 Tied 73rd
Ian Poulter 25/1 -3 Tied 17th
Thomas Pieters 35/1 Level Tied 53rd
Fabrizio Zanotti 50/1 -5 Tied 4th
Lucas Bjerregaard 50/1 -4 Tied 11th

Zanotti & Bjerregaard look our best bets so far.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »