Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I only got to see the Watford game while I was back last year but I don't think too many of last seasons home games qualified as Entertainment based on my limited exposure and on MS and others match reports.

I do hope to be back in the spring for some entertainment in the lead up to at least a play off position though !!!.

Irrespective of the results I always think CCs interviews are pretty entertaining. I just love they way he expresses stuff and is always very positive about everything. Be interresting to be a fly on the wall at the team talks especially with all the different nationalities and backgrounds. Maybe thats why he's always pointing and gesticulating.
Statesideowl likes this post
I like an animated manager/coach. I'm not suggesting it means an animated manager is better than one who is not. I just prefer it.
I feel it shows passion and engagement in the game, involvement by shouting out orders to his players whenever he sees something he isn't happy with instead of waiting to address it.

It drove me mad when BL, DJ and SG would be stood on the touchline arms folded or hands in pockets motionless, while the oppositions manager had a pad and pencil in one hand and waving his other hand in a directional manner to his players. Megson screamed at them though from time to time Smile
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
My wife wanted to see Peter Kay at the NEC. It was £150 for three tickets, £10 for a programme, £6 to park and because we got there early, we had to eat at their prices, which was £30+ for three.

By comparison, the Arsenal match seems like a snip.

It is interesting though that CC has moved to a British core to his side & results are happening.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Here you go PEI.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/06/she...eal-talks/

Whistle
Thurnscoe_OWL and Washington like this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(06-10-2015, 23:55)madsteve Wrote: My wife wanted to see Peter Kay at the NEC. It was £150 for three tickets, £10 for a programme, £6 to park and because we got there early, we had to eat at their prices, which was £30+ for three.

It is interesting though that CC has moved to a British core to his side & results are happening.

This is what I'm talking about  Angry £30+ for three garlic breads  Huh

Cool
Thurnscoe_OWL likes this post
and complicated
(07-10-2015, 05:49)Statesideowl Wrote: Here you go PEI.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/06/she...eal-talks/

Whistle

Doh Angry Doh Angry
"God Save the King."
It's official. Hope Solo is a crazy bitch! Laugh

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/s...li=BBgzzfc

Nuhiu probably going to get a year extension I imagine to give us more time to get the right replacement in.

(07-10-2015, 12:22)Maddix Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 23:55)madsteve Wrote: My wife wanted to see Peter Kay at the NEC. It was £150 for three tickets, £10 for a programme, £6 to park and because we got there early, we had to eat at their prices, which was £30+ for three.

This is what I'm talking about  Angry £30+ for three garlic breads  Huh

Cool

I bet your overpriced food was served to you, lukewarm by a minimum wage Teenager whom couldn't give two shits about the quality of your meal! Wink
(07-10-2015, 14:55)Statesideowl Wrote: It's official. Hope Solo is a crazy bitch! Laugh

Nuhiu probably going to get a year extension I imagine to give us more time to get the right replacement in.

It's disturbing about Hope. I liked her almost as much as Susan Sarandon. In a quite different way of course. Whistle Whistle

On the nuhiu business I'm not getting into it. Y'all know how I feel. We should be looking to unload him not extend him. ffs. Whistle Whistle
Owlkev71 and Statesideowl like this post
"God Save the King."
(07-10-2015, 14:55)Statesideowl Wrote: It's official. Hope Solo is a crazy bitch! Laugh

Its always hard to get to the truth when the media want to sensationalize things. I think the original charges were thrown out when despite several attempts the realtives failed to show up in court. Maybe they have now had more time to get their story together ?. Thats not to say shes a complete Angel either but both her parents were alcoholics who I think divorced when she was very young and she was mainly brought up by her grandmother. Though she did reconcile with her father later and dedicated the WC win to him. Doing something for her father was one of the reasons she was so pissed when ignoring form she got swopped out for Scurry in the previous WC because the US coach thought Scurry was 'luckier' against Brazil. Her background is what has helped driven her to where she is and I'm sure her half sister is quite jealous of her fame and success. Like all of us at some point she has made dodgy decisions but once you are in that public spotlight everything is scrutinized and magnified. She just needed better mentoring from the USASF on recognizing that.
She is a local heroine in town here and they are still planning to invoke a 'Hope Solo day' at some point.
Statesideowl and peiowl like this post
Absolutely, the media always 'spice it up'

I don't play in to the "Had a hard life growing up". My missis ( Among many many others in the World) had it 10 time worse than Hope Solo, alcoholic, junkie parents and still made something of herself (and themselves) and never uses her worthless parents or lack of upbringing as an excuse for not making the correct decisions as an adult. Jealous family has little to do with drinking a lot, and getting in to altercations with police and family members. If you're intoxicated and people try to take your keys, you're not the victim of the fight...

Don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to bash Solo. It just is what it is, she likes to get drinky and act like a twat. Gary Madine-esque
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed