Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I actually think Nuhui is finally being utilised properly and we're starting to get the best from him.

That being said I'd still like to replace him ASAP Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Strangely after such a stuttering start to the season I still feel very calm about us so far this season. When DC took over he made it clear he wanted us to get back to the prem by the time the 2017-18 season started so that we can celebrate our 150th birthday in the prem. It was and still is a bold statement for a club that has essentially been on its knees for the best part of 20 years!!!

None of us knew what on earth to expect out of CC when he was appointed but it seems clear to me that he has been brought in to change the whole playing philosophy at the club into a more European style, or as we see today more of the style you see in the prem. We are 6 games into that transition and so far we have seen Wednesday play some of their best football in years, but it hasn't been on a consistent basis yet. We have seen us dominate long periods of games but fail to score to capitalize on those purple patches and found ourselves conceding when the pendulum swings the other way.

We need a striker who can consistently score but I have no doubt that the players we now have are on the whole much better than the ones we had last season, to me that is not up for debate. But CC now needs to find his best 11 and start playing them week in, week out barring injuries etc. If he does that then I am sure we will start to see more dominating performances and hopefully goals when we are playing well. We also need Westwood back asap, I know Wildsmith is a good prospect and wasn't at fault for the goals against Burnley but the defence plays with more confidence when Westwood is behind them, it takes a bit of the pressure off them knowing he is there.

For me this is a two year project which CC will start but I imagine may not finish, but it will likely take us the full two years to get us anywhere near where we need to be to get promoted. As all football fans tend to do, we probably got a bit carried away watching YouTube videos of our new players, players we often knew absolutely nothing about, and expected us to be right up there from the start. Football more often than not doesn't work that way, we have come down to earth with a bump and now we need to get behind the team and coaching staff to give them the time to get this squad working to the level we think they are capable of.
I feel more optimistic with each match although that could fall back massively with a bad performance & result tomorrow.

I think what I liked on Saturday was that we played more of the time in the opposition half & think that the combination of Hutchinson, Bannan & Lee worked well. Obviously the movement of Fessi up front gives them a focus for attacking moves.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(14-09-2015, 18:19)madsteve Wrote: I feel more optimistic with each match although that could fall back massively with a bad performance & result tomorrow.

I think what I liked on Saturday was that we played more of the time in the opposition half & think that the combination of Hutchinson, Bannan & Lee worked well. Obviously the movement of Fessi up front gives them a focus for attacking moves.

And this to me is where a better more mobile striker than Nuhiu could really benefit as well.  Part of the lone strikers role is to take defenders away to create space for the guys behind him, something I think Nuhiu doesn't do enough of by design.
I think he does so that Charlie. The problem has been is that he hasn't had a partner to exploit that space. I think that Forestieri is his ideal partner and he is certainly intelligent enough to exploit any space that Nuhiu might create.

Playing Lee and either Hutch or Seme means that Lopez and Magugan are going to be out of the side and are going to have to work hard to win the shirt back from Lee who has been consistently good.
Consilio, I hope you are right but I do have my doubts that Nuhiu is creating space deliberately and its just happening by default!! I just think a better striker will take more advantage of having someone of FF quality behind him, but its Nuhiu's shirt at the moment so lets hope you are right and that pairing starts to click.
I'm not saying he's the perfect player for us but he's the best at what he does at the club as we speak so we've got to stick with him.
Southeyowl likes this post
Anyone else watching West Ham v Newcastle and seeing the irony ?

Lose your wages at Betway but it's ok you can go to Wonga for a loan to tide you over until payday Laugh

Sadly, some people will actually be doing that Doh
Southeyowl likes this post
and complicated
(14-09-2015, 19:58)St Charles Owl Wrote: Consilio, I hope you are right but I do have my doubts that Nuhiu is creating space deliberately and its just happening by default!!  I just think a better striker will take more advantage of having someone of FF quality behind him, but its Nuhiu's shirt at the moment so lets hope you are right and that pairing starts to click.

I have been thinking that for over a year. 

Nuhiu doesn't have the skill or pace to turn defenders so compensates by dropping deep. This does create some space for others but it means that he is rarely in the box when needed when we attack with pace.

I also agree with Consilio that he is our best starting option at the moment. However, we should be looking to replace him with Joao after an hour when Nuhiu has done his job of working the CBs over so Joao can use his pace against their tiring legs.
Southeyowl and consilio like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Think I've found the ideal role for nuhiu.

[Image: serve-tea-coffee-18941228.jpg]
"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed