Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
Russian Open

Robert Dinwiddie 20/1 (General) -5 Tied 28th
Craig Lee 40/1 (Coral) -11 Tied 8th
Simon Wakefield 150/1 (SKY Bet) -6 Tied 23rd

A bit of a disappointment as Craig Lee should have at least got a place here. He missed eight puts of under ten foot, leaving six of them short. His approach to the 15th cost him dear when instead of an easy birdie, he dropped a shot. Those two shots would have lifted him to third & who knows what that pressure would have done to the leader as he would have been one behind. At least we got a good run for our money and he is a player worth watching out for again.

Dinwiddie blew it in the first round. After that, three rounds in the 60s showed us what could have been. Wakefield lost his chance with a third round 75. Otherwise, he would have had a top five finish.
Southeyowl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Our lasses meal will have to wait then, see if either of the tennis bets come in
JUST SAYING LIKE!
Better news at the Deutsche Bank where Henrik Stenson has a one shot lead going into the final round and a five shot lead over 5th place.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Bloody Gibraltar have let me down Angry They were the last leg of my accy for 4 million quid Angry

Cool
and complicated
Henrik Stenson finishes second in the Deutsche Bank by one shot behind Ricky Fowler.

A profit but not as much as we hoped for.
KLM Open - Kennemer Golf & Country Club

A stronger field than in recent weeks with Martin Kaymer as a 10/1 favourite. I am looking to take him on with four reasonably priced players.

Joost Luiten 20/1 (General) The local favourite and has finished first and fifth since the event moved to this course. Got a 4th place at the Scottish in July but on his favourite course, he should go close.

David Horsey 50/1 (Bet365) Another player who comes alive in this event with three top ten finishes in the last six years. Bang in form as well with a 3rd last week in the Russian Open and winning in Denmark two weeks before that.

Miguel Angel Jininez 50/1 (General) There is a name that I didn't think I would be including in this thread. MAJ picks his tournaments now as he flirts with the Seniors Tour but this is one of his favourites. He has three top ten finishes in his last five attempts including a 2nd two years ago. Three Top Six finishes on the European Tour this season shows he can still mix it with the best so 50/1 is value in my eyes.

Thomas Pieters 75/1 (Bet365) It is hard to know how a player will react to his first win but at 75/1, I am prepared to go again with Pieters after his impressive win in the Czech Masters ten days ago. He might miss the cut but he might also blow the field away with his new found confidence.

A few others that came into my thinking were Andy Sullivan 33/1, Eddie Pepperill 33/1, Tyrell Hatton 28/1, Gregory Havret 80/1, Johan Carlsson 150/1 & Oliver Fisher 200/1. Hope none of them go close.
Stenson threw it away!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
In the tennis, Stan Wawrinka & Petra Kvitova both won comfortably to go through to the Quarter Finals. John Isner put up a good fight but lost 7-6 7-6 7-5 to Roger Federer.

My only consolation is that I backed Isner with a 6.5 game start in the handicap to more than cover my 150/1 bet for the tournament.

(08-09-2015, 11:33)Southeyowl Wrote: Stenson threw it away!

Thought he was unlucky really. 

It was that one shot on the 16th, which the TV commentators said was due to a sudden gust of wind while the ball was in flight that took it into the water & cost him two shots.

Fowler was also incredibly lucky. He should have been dead after the first two holes but after that putted magnificently to earn the title. 
Should have been a question mark Madsteve, have not seen any of the coverage!

Shame he did not win!
JUST SAYING LIKE!
KLM Dutch Open:

Eddie Pepperell 28/1
Tommy Fleetwood 28/1
Rikard Karlberg 66/1
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »