Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(02-09-2015, 14:27)Statesideowl Wrote: Quality Keeper tied down. Poachers are going to have to pay the big bucks now if they want to come sniffing around our Club!

Hard to say about the Hooper issue, it's most likely somewhere in the middle. The whole deal never felt good to me so I'm not unhappy it didn't pan out.
There's definitely a different mentality about the modern player, as Consilio said. Some right over-privileged turds knocking about.

It means that we have two seasons at least to get promoted with Westwood & can still get a fee for him.

Never met Hooper but everyone that has says he is unchanged from the nice boy next door that he was as a teenager so this story sounds out of kilter with that.

He has now had torrents of abuse from Wednesday fans on twitter so guess he won't want to sign on loan. 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Journalism at its best!

Nice looking squad, let's crack on and see if we can get a result at Burnley. New boys have little over a week to bed in so all may or ma not feature.
I'm feeling a bit better with the addition of Pudil, Turner and Bannan. Should Pudil turn out to be good for us this season we'll be snapping him up on a free I'd assume.

I think Bannan is a similar type of player to Mcgugan is he not? CMF

As someone said yesterday, this is a type of team the younger generation has never had the opportunity to see!

That Elliot kid from Worksop is on trial with the development squad.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Matias - Player of the month Huh Huh Huh Huh

He's scored 2 goals and that's it. Wednesday fans are losing the plot.

What about Sasso, Lopez, Lee???
Southeyowl, Statesideowl, Maddix like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(02-09-2015, 16:23)madsteve Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 14:27)Statesideowl Wrote: Quality Keeper tied down. Poachers are going to have to pay the big bucks now if they want to come sniffing around our Club!

Hard to say about the Hooper issue, it's most likely somewhere in the middle. The whole deal never felt good to me so I'm not unhappy it didn't pan out.
There's definitely a different mentality about the modern player, as Consilio said. Some right over-privileged turds knocking about.

It means that we have two seasons at least to get promoted with Westwood & can still get a fee for him.

Never met Hooper but everyone that has says he is unchanged from the nice boy next door that he was as a teenager so this story sounds out of kilter with that.

He has now had torrents of abuse from Wednesday fans on twitter so guess he won't want to sign on loan. 

I really hope not, MS!

Makes us look as bad as the Blunts if so. As with every club though, there's always a portion that are a bit...thick.

It would seem as if there were an issue with something he asked for but with no one actually knowing what that was the hacky hacks at the paper began speculating to which the numpties reacted angrily to. It's one thing to believe it, it's another to then act upon it!
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(02-09-2015, 16:24)Statesideowl Wrote: Journalism at its best!

Nice looking squad, let's crack on and see if we can get a result at Burnley. New boys have little over a week to bed in so all may or ma not feature.
I'm feeling a bit better with the addition of Pudil, Turner and Bannan. Should Pudil turn out to be good for us this season we'll be snapping him up on a free I'd assume.

I think Bannan is a similar type of player to Mcgugan is he not? CMF

As someone said yesterday, this is a type of team the younger generation has never had the opportunity to see!

That Elliot kid from Worksop is on trial with the development squad.

When I have seen Bannon, he appears to be more energetic than McGugan but not have the skills from free kicks.

Maybe more of a smaller SBC version of Carlton Palmer,
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Like Palmer, but nowhere near as good in every department!!

I voted for Lee as POTM. Matias' goal at Leeds won it for him.
(02-09-2015, 11:48)madsteve Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 10:45)consilio Wrote: http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/...-1-7438919

Thank God we didn't sign this jumped up idiot.

Doubt that that is the whole truth.

On happier news, we might be seeing some of this soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR0C4GTYyQc&app=desktop

PEI will have enjoyed the Black & White bit at the beginning  Laugh

Stevie May speaking in the above article :-

“The fans can expect hard work from me; that is the thing I think every player’s game should be based upon,” May said.

I had a lot of chances last season, which I felt I should have taken and now I am looking forward to showing what I can do.”

Seems that even Stevie himself admits that he got a fair crack of the whip but couldn't hack it  Whistle
and complicated
To be honest Maddix, Nuihu had/HAS had more more cracks of the whip than Billy Smarts lion tamer... STILL unproven TBH, think it's more that he didn't take the goalscoring chances he had, he knows he should have done better , but no matter , seems we made a profit on him...and Toytown didn't get another reject, hope he improves with PNE, we can buy him back for £10 Million next summer anyway lol
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
It's not an argument about Nuhiu  Whistle I'm just pointing out that May himself felt that he'd been given enough chances but failed to do enough to impress.

Have you ever used the argument at work of "Well, I'm not as shit as he is"  Laugh knowing that you're both shit at your jobs. Thought not  Laugh

I've never thought that Atdhe was anything more than a donkey (a poor mans John Pearson  Whistle ) but last season he was the most able donkey in a stable full of asses  Cool

I reserve judgement this season but tend to agree with the thoughts of MS on the way his game swings from good to shite. He's a bit like Yorkshire weather  Angry we can get all four seasons in 90 minutes  Cool and with Atdhe most of them are Winter  Laugh
consilio likes this post
and complicated
Are you lot still going on about Nuhiu? ?

I wouldn't want any part of that conversation. Whistle
"God Save the King."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed