Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(01-09-2015, 19:23)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 19:22)A57owl Wrote: Today has left us a striker down.

I'm amazed no-one has gone for signing Vydra or Rhodes this transfer window.

Vydra signed for Reading on loan, they paid 2m loan fee apparently to get him.

Didn't see that. Thanks.
Good deal for a proven goal scorer
Deals can still be announced if the paperwork was lodged before 18:00 but the parties involved may still be waiting for medicals etc. It will rumble on for a few hours yet.
and complicated
Disappointed not to see a striker sign but there is also the loan window starting soon as well.

I think with a slight change of formation Nuhiu and Forrestieri could be a very good combination.
Think that CC is thinking 4231.

He has picked Joao ahead of Nuhiu in the league when he has been fit so guess he will go something like:

Westwood
Hunt - Lees - Turner - Pudil
Hutchinson - Lopez
Bannan - Forestieri - Matias
Joao
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Don't see Bannan as a wide player, I thought he played more centrally.

It's certainly an attacking line up Steve, not many grafters in there!
(01-09-2015, 20:08)consilio Wrote: Don't see Bannan as a wide player, I thought he played more centrally.  

It's certainly an attacking line up Steve, not many grafters in there!

Think he sees Hutchinson as his grafter & tbf it is difficult trying to guess CC at the moment.

Think Bannan & Matias will float around rather than be wide players.

Still think we lack pace in attack.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
The great thing is with the midfield and the forwards there is a second good option at every position, something we haven't had for a while!! You could take MS's formation and it could easily read:

Semedo Lee
Wallace McGugan Sougou
Nuhiu

.....and that is better than our team last season still!!
consilio and madsteve like this post
Think we are missing a proven striker but more importantly and strong midfield leader. These foreign chaps need to toughen up and settle in quickly otherwise we will waste this season.
Aside from relegation I am not sure there is much we can do that will waste the season. We are a club going through a huge transition both on ans off the field and that is going to take time to begin to work properly. The committee have had a full transfer window to get the squad improved and while it is probably not quite there yet it is a million miles better than what we had last season!!! CC and the coaching staff are implementing a completely new system and they are doing that with 15 new players in the first team squad, so again that will take time and will involve some switching around of players to find the right combination.

For me there is so many positives that have come out of this summer that for now I will just enjoy the ride this season, one that will no doubt be very up and down, but if we are in the top 10 come January I would expect CC to open the check book and try to push us into the playoffs. If not then next summer could see us finally spend 10m on a striker to compliments the squad we now have and that will have gelled nicely by then.

(01-09-2015, 19:23)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 19:22)A57owl Wrote: Today has left us a striker down.

I'm amazed no-one has gone for signing Vydra or Rhodes this transfer window.

Vydra signed for Reading on loan, they paid 2m loan fee apparently to get him.

Having said that I thought I read that that deal for Vydra had gone through but it is not appearing on the official lists, so maybe he is still at Watford.

The deal for Vydra to go to Reading has just been announced, so now it is official.
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
I think we look great. As stated above there's competition for places between good players, not journeymen!!

I'm happy to see how these players pan out for now. Loan window will be open soon to patch any holes as needed.

A seemingly nice mixture of experience at top level and hungry young players. I hope it comes to fruition.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed