Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Nuhiu serves a short term purpose whereas May has been pushed out.

Think May will find a club eventually where he can score 15 goals at this level.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
MS: you're spot on imo.
Serious question: If we have Jaoa, a marquee new striker, Foresteri, Lavery and Bus (? why do we need him?), do we need to hang on to nuhiu?
"God Save the King."
(01-09-2015, 14:52)peiowl Wrote: MS: you're spot on imo.
Serious question: If we have Jaoa, a marquee new striker, Foresteri, Lavery and Bus (? why do we need him?), do we need to hang on to nuhiu?

IMO, when we bring in a marquee signing, he will be first choice, Forestieri second, Joao third & Nuhiu 4th, Bus 5th.

We will either play one or two strikers so Bus will get no action & Nuhiu little action. We need to use Joao as an impact player initially but increase his game time so that he is good enough to start next season.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Lavery looks like he will be leaving.

Bus is clearly out of favour and will probably leave as well.

That only leaves Nuhiu, Forrestieri, Joao and one new player. This means all four can be involved in the match day squad.
.....although he only involved three last Saturday, leaving out Bus, May & Lavery.
Because Bus, May and Lavery are clearly not in his plans.

Vydra has gone to Reading.

Hooper remains our number one target in my opinion.
Antonio on his way to have a medical at West Ham according to Sky, fee undisclosed.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(01-09-2015, 12:42)madsteve Wrote: Every Wednesday fan should read this.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0...-fire.html

Great source of info there MS. I'll read thoroughly later having just woken up my brain can't handle it.
One thing that does concern me is this paragraph or two.

FFP encourages clubs to invest in youth development, which is an area of focus for Wednesday, whose academy was granted Category Two status under the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). However, there is a price to pay with a “considerable” increase in investment in the academy taking the costs above £1 million.

The concern with EPPP is that the changes in the contractual position of players under 16 might produce a situation where clubs such as Wednesday become feeder clubs, “ultimately subsidising the costs of youth development for those able to attract the best available talent without paying the true value to the club that worked so hard developing the player.”

We need to grow in stature and hold on to our youth prospects. This just smacks further of Corporate raiding Business tactics creeping in to football and I effing loathe it.

Mars/Nestle buying raiding and robbing little sweet shops and makers til they're gone... Ring any bells?

Furthermore, whom is introducing these rules and policies that blatantly have a bias toward the top clubs in the Prem? And if nothing is done about it now it will only get worse. The smaller clubs need to stand together against this bullshit being force fed to those at the bottom from those at the top.
Was Wereham Owl likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Don't think Nuhiu is in his plans long term but CC sees him as useful in the short term whereas he sees nothing in Bus, May & Lavery.

We are still hoping for Hooper with Ulloa & Kermogant as back up options.

Unless of course..... Jordan Rhodes.

(01-09-2015, 15:17)Statesideowl Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 12:42)madsteve Wrote: Every Wednesday fan should read this.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/0...-fire.html

Great source of info there MS. I'll read thoroughly later having just woken up my brain can't handle it.
One thing that does concern me is this paragraph or two.

FFP encourages clubs to invest in youth development, which is an area of focus for Wednesday, whose academy was granted Category Two status under the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). However, there is a price to pay with a “considerable” increase in investment in the academy taking the costs above £1 million.

The concern with EPPP is that the changes in the contractual position of players under 16 might produce a situation where clubs such as Wednesday become feeder clubs, “ultimately subsidising the costs of youth development for those able to attract the best available talent without paying the true value to the club that worked so hard developing the player.”

We need to grow in stature and hold on to our youth prospects. This just smacks further of 'Business" tactics creeping in to football and I effing loathe it.

While I agree with you, you either dance to the music or you don't dance.
May having a medical at Preston according to Sky also.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed