Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(31-08-2015, 18:25)consilio Wrote:
(31-08-2015, 17:13)madsteve Wrote: Antonio is no better now than when we sold him. Prices have gone up a bit but not 500%.

His goal record at Wednesday may be "average" in some eyes but he got the most assists in SBC over the last three season & has been the top scoring midfielder over the same period. Two of those seasons were with Wednesday.

Sadly SG (& some fans) couldn't see the potential & that his value would soar.

Doubt he will be a regular.

He wanted to leave so we had little choice as at the time we had no money

Whoever we end up blaming for the Antonio sale, the over riding factor in the whole deal was our need for instant money so we could buy May.  The financial restraints we were under maybe didn't cause the sale as it is said MA was unhappy anyway, but it certainly caused us not to hold out for more and for us to go with what Forest offered.  I think the most we would ever have got for him was around 2-2.5m anyway.  The amount teams are asking for players now has definitely shot up since we sold him. 
consilio likes this post
Bannan will add a nice balance to the midfield being a natural left footer.

It's going to be interesting how the side lines up at Burnley.

Where will Forrestieri play?
I have just updated the OP with the new signings and by my reckoning we now have 4 players on season long loans - Hunt, Sasso, Pudil and Lopez - how many are we allowed for a game?

(31-08-2015, 18:41)consilio Wrote: Bannan will add a nice balance to the midfield being a natural left footer.  

It's going to be interesting how the side lines up at Burnley.

Where will Forrestieri play?

We are starting to see real competition for most team places now, which is good, but it will mean leaving out players every game which in turn may see some become disgruntled.  It will be interesting to see how CC handles that in the coming weeks.

If Bannan comes into the team then I assume he will replace either Matias or Lopez or Lee, that is a tough choice!!  Forestieri's position will all depend on whether we stick with one up front of go with two.  To me he has to play, does anyone think he is capable of playing behind a main striker or is he the main striker??
My thoughts exactly, Charlie.

We've signed a lot of good players, hopefully more professional than ego's. If it's the latter we'll have problems. If they all see the end product and relish this new challenge we're in for the opposite.

Happy with Bannan signing.

Nuhui May Lavery Lachman Dielna ( who else have I missed) need shipping out pronto

Dawson might need loaning out as Wildsmith seems to have seniority on him.

Matias can play a central AMF role behind a single striker if that's the case.

With all these players coming in I have no idea what formation we'll adopt now. If at all.

I'd like to see a change from 4-3-3 though, just my opinion.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
And one other point, now that we have officially signed a "Barry", we will have to refrain from calling McGugan "Barry"!!!
No Wednesday fan except a couple on this Forum ever called McGugan "Barry."

Antonio never wanted to leave Wednesday. When SG told him that Wednesday had accepted an offer from Forest, he was stunned. He was unhappy but only with SG for making him play when he was injured the previous season but wanted to stay. All the quotes made after the transfer were a condition of the deal but not true. I guess that the truth will come out if he leaves Forest.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I think Michael Turner is a season long loan as well, Charlie, so that's 5!
St Charles Owl likes this post
Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...
(31-08-2015, 20:00)mc4owl Wrote: I think Michael Turner is a season long loan as well, Charlie, so that's 5!

I thought I was missing one, will add him to the list! Thumb up
mc4owl likes this post
Maximum of 5 loanees in the match day squad.

Forrestieri is a number 10. Definitely not the main CF, he's only about 5'6"!!

Bannan will play central, 532 looks perfect for the players we've got. Apparently CC has said we won't be playing that way.
(31-08-2015, 19:33)madsteve Wrote: No Wednesday fan except a couple on this Forum ever called McGugan "Barry."

Yes, I am aware of that and that post was for their benefit!!

(31-08-2015, 20:07)consilio Wrote: Maximum of 5 loanees in the match day squad.  

Forrestieri is a number 10.  Definitely not the main CF, he's only about 5'6"!!

Bannan will play central, 532 looks perfect for the players we've got.  Apparently CC has said we won't be playing that way.

CC seems to want to stick to the 433 he has been using so far.  That formation does give you options to adapt it slightly depending on whether you are attacking or defending but I agree that 532 would seem to fit the squad we now have.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed