Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(31-08-2015, 14:14)OvalOwl Wrote: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/31/por...es-bannan/

Daily Mirror say we have already signed him.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
When I posted HITC articles. I was told they're unreliable..

Now you're all at it! Doh

I read the Bannan article yesterday, I wouldn't mind if he came. I've only seen glimpses of him so don't know much about him. I would like a commanding Midfielder tough. To take the pressure of defence. Though I agree the new passing around style is better, the players need to learn when to use it. A few times midfield has played the ball back in to defence, causing unnecessary pressure, or at best losing ground gained.

Very excited about the possibility of Joao & Forestieri forging a partnership ( should CC use 2 up front)
Washington likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
I doubt that Joao will be first choice once we bring in a top striker in the next 24 hours.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
You might well be right, MS.

I'm hoping for a Midfielder rather than an over priced striker. Fessi isn't going to score when the midfield can't hold the ball for longer than 1 minute.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
West Ham have £7m bid for Antonio accepted. That is the price we should have held out for. I blame SG.

Bannon has signed. Will have squad number 86, lowest available
He wasn't valued at anywhere near that when we sold him. His goal record at Wednesday was average at best
Heart 

Illegitimi non carborundum
Antonio is no better now than when we sold him. Prices have gone up a bit but not 500%.

His goal record at Wednesday may be "average" in some eyes but he got the most assists in SBC over the last three season & has been the top scoring midfielder over the same period. Two of those seasons were with Wednesday.

Sadly SG (& some fans) couldn't see the potential & that his value would soar.

Doubt he will be a regular.
With all these signings, how many will we offload b4 6pm tomorrow????
Statesideowl likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(31-08-2015, 17:13)madsteve Wrote: Antonio is no better now than when we sold him. Prices have gone up a bit but not 500%.

His goal record at Wednesday may be "average" in some eyes but he got the most assists in SBC over the last three season & has been the top scoring midfielder over the same period. Two of those seasons were with Wednesday.

Sadly SG (& some fans) couldn't see the potential & that his value would soar.

Doubt he will be a regular.

He wanted to leave so we had little choice as at the time we had no money
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed