Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
This is it, I suppose we don't know if we don't take the risk. We can lambast it later but hindsight is always 20/20
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
http://readnorwich.com/2015/08/24/norwic...ship-club/?

Interesting that he is out of the picture at Norwich because he doesn't have the pace to play as a lone striker.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Hooper has asked for 24 hours to think over a loan move to Wednesday.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Thinking about it.. Doh Norwich bench or Wednesday first team.

Sounds like he's champing at the bit Laugh
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
If I was considering an eight month move, I guess I would want to discuss it with my wife before deciding whether to uproot the kids for a year or whether to go eight months apart from my family.

Tough decision.
Does he live on another continent??

It's a tiny island for crying out loud. His kids don't need to change school nor does he need to re-locate. All he needs is a rental near by. He can fly north/south if travelling quickly to see his family is that necessary.

I bet if it were a bigger club, even further away he wouldn't have thought twice.
Usually footballers get one day off per week so having a family three & a half hours drive away isn't easy.

Also, I doubt I would move my kids school for a few months.

Football fans tend not to be sympathetic to players with families.
I can sympathise with it more than most. I had to spend 10 months away from my wife and it was painful. However, I had a Continent between us.
3 and a half hours would have been a godsend to me and I'd have snatched your hand off for it. Even if it were just one day a week!!!

He's a professional footballer making ludicrous money, residing on the same tiny island as his family.

Oil rig workers get less money, almost die and spend much longer away from their family.

Professional footballers need to realize how over privileged they truly are.
(25-08-2015, 16:21)Statesideowl Wrote: I can sympathise with it more than most. I had to spend 10 months away from my wife and it was painful. However, I had a Continent between us.
3 and a half hours would have been a godsend to me and I'd have snatched your hand off for it. Even if it were just one day a week!!!

He's a professional footballer making ludicrous money, residing on the same tiny island as his family.

Oil rig workers get less money, almost die and spend much longer away from their family.

Professional footballers need to realize how over privileged they truly are.

Oil workers get six weeks off after six weeks on.

One day off per week (not guaranteed) with a seven hour round trip driving would put me off altogether as that would leave just a couple of hours with my family before having to return.
While I can see both sides of this I do agree with Stateside that had this offer come from say Liverpool or even Newcastle then I bet he would find a way of making his family life work. I left my family for a year to move to California from Chicago and saw them every 3 weeks or so because it presented us with a potentially good family opportunity going forward!! I took the risk and it has worked out for us so far. I think Hooper should see this as an opportunity to get himself back in the shop window with a club that has ambition and if he does well we will either buy him or he will find another club easily for a permanent deal at the end of the season. Of course the risk is it doesn't work and he ends up back at Norwich on their bench, but that is surely the life of a footballer at his level!!
Washington likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed