Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(23-08-2015, 16:15)Statesideowl Wrote: Brunty should've buried that in the top corner..

Had he been able to get it onto his left foot then absolutely!!
True, I thought he was going to smash it with the outside of his left boot and put some fizz on it but instead spooned it a bit with the right.

His crossing is still a beautiful sight though.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Chelsea really needed that win and had Brunt taken the penalty we might be speculating about the special ones position. It's interesting when you read the WBA board on here, some of them do not like Pulis, his style of play, his signings nor the fact he managed Stoke!! I quite like him, he's a bit of a Sergeant Wilko style of manager.
They've had a lot worse. And are playing much better football IMO. You're right about Brunty taking that pen. he has a scorching left foot shot.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-wed...-1-7424753
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I think he's a decent player but is he the one to fit into our system.

He's only about 5'9 and would struggle on his own surely
(24-08-2015, 09:48)consilio Wrote: I think he's a decent player but is he the one to fit into our system.  

He's only about 5'9 and would struggle on his own surely

I really don't know.

In theory, the height shouldn't matter that much as it appears that our plan is to play the ball on the ground yet all bar two of our goals have come from crosses.

His scoring record in Scotland was good but no better than May's in his final season so if height isn't an issue, why has May not been given a chance.

I think height is more of an issue defending corners & free kicks as we din't have tall midfielders. Nuhiu often gets clearances and Joao headed three away against Reading.

Some of the best lone strikers weren't tall. Clive Allen springs to mind and Aguero doesn't do badly at Man City.

Think we have to trust CC on this for now.

The fact we are prepared to pay the thick end of £2m to loan a player for one season makes it clear that DC wants promotion this season.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I agree.

Aguero has the benefit of playing alongside Silva, Toure etc to pick him out though!!

I think he would be a good signing. I just hope our players are good enough to work the system properly. Give the the chances I think he'd score plenty of goals. And you're right, it's a clear sign of intent from DC and the committee.

Lees certainly needs to learn how to play the ball out from the back as Hooper would win nothing against two big CB's.
800k on his wages alone.

500k for the privilege of borrowing him.

Are there really so few strikers in the world? And are the 5 we have really not good enough?

Hooper would definitely add a different dimension, I'm just not so sure it's the right one, as said above. We have to trust in CC and what they see. It could turn out to be an expensive disaster. He could propel us upwards.

Personally I'm quite sceptical about completing such a move however, it doesn't seem as if we have options and time against us.
There is no point signing him on this basis unless he is the difference between mid table and the Playoffs or the difference between the Playoffs and Promotion.

If he is the difference then he is worth it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed