Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
The problem with may is that he is 5th choice and will only have the opportunity to show his talent in training.
perhaps loaning him out will work wonders for him here. he can go out, bag some goals and work his way up the pecking order just like lavery did last season
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
You might be right Thurny.

I feel like this is the beginning of the end for him. That we're giving him a chance to put himself in the window and re-coup some cash on him. It seems Bus & Lavery have seniority on him and they're going to make the bench most of the season.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Like Mrs PEI says, "it is what it is." Doh The problem is that Nuhiu impressed CC in pre-season so that's why he is ahead in the pecking order. Will he continue to perform over the long haul? I don't think so and if as I suspect will happen, he goes back to his old form missing chance after chance and if May keeps banging them in at another club, CC will see how it really is. "It is what it is." Doh
"God Save the King."
I don't think we have given up on May but he needs to take a loan somewhere and start again. Problem currently is that Nuhiu and Joao are much better suited to the style of play and formation we are using. Both of them provide height and the ability to compete with the center half, with Joao also having pace, May doesn't offer that much and also doesn't score often enough to be indispensable either.
Nuhiu will ultimately disappoint.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(18-08-2015, 17:24)madsteve Wrote: Nuhiu will ultimately disappoint.

Yes he will but hopefully before that happens we will see Joao establish himself in the side anyway!!
of the 2 games I've seen neither striker (nuhiu and Joao) has had any chance of note but we're creating chances out wide which, at this point, means we need someone in who can hold it up and bring others into play. We wont get that with May, Lavery or Bus. Lavery, Bus and May are fighting with Nuhiu/Joao to be the impact sub/2nd striker in a 442.

Lavery could play the wide forward role but May cant as he doesnt have the pace/control to do so. This makes Lavery 3rd choice IMO
Bus is also more suited to being the 442/impact bloke as he is more powerful (from what I've seen) making him 4th choice and May 5th
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(18-08-2015, 19:38)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: of the 2 games I've seen neither striker (nuhiu and Joao) has had any chance of note but we're creating chances out wide which, at this point, means we need someone in who can hold it up and bring others into play. We wont get that with May, Lavery or Bus. Lavery, Bus and May are fighting with Nuhiu/Joao to be the impact sub/2nd striker in a 442.

Lavery could play the wide forward role but May cant as he doesnt have the pace/control to do so. This makes Lavery 3rd choice IMO
Bus is also more suited to being the 442/impact bloke as he is more powerful (from what I've seen) making him 4th choice and May 5th

I think that Bus could play the lone striker role and would offer more than Nuhiu.

I also think that from an attacking perspective, we don't need height up front if we play it to feet.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Problem with Bus is that we know so little about what he is capable of from the handful of starts he has made so far. Obviously CC is seeing him in training and I am not sure if he is still technically injured, but it does seem that Nuhiu and Joao have a firm grip on the starting place currently.
Blackburn 0-1 Cardiff
Derby 0-1 Boro
Village 0-1 Brighton
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed