Thread Rating:
No more....
Chris Lepkowski.Leaving the Evening Mail today!
(22-09-2014, 14:26)pieandabovril Wrote: Chris Lepkowski.Leaving the Evening Mail today!

Just going to post this Pie,

Just been on his Twitter account Cry

Chris Lepkowski ‏@chrislepkowski 4m

Been an absolute privilege covering #wba since '01. Met some great people along the way but tomorrow I leave to see what else is out there

Chris Lepkowski @chrislepkowski · 4m

From now, the @birminghammail #wba man will be brilliant writer @briandick. He's also about 6ft 5ins, so don't go upsetting him !
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Chris is held in high regard by many Albion fans over the years but over the last 1 1/2 years him and Madeley from the E&S have been clueless regarding whats been going on at the Albion in my opinion they kept reporting we're after this player and that player and its never seems to be true, they dragged out the Riviere story for weeks and weeks when in was evident what ever interest we had in him ended long before and most of the summer signings was picked up very late by both when even the red top papers were reporting interests in players, I wish him well but don't get why people hold him up as the man that knows all the inside info
Dingle-Dingle likes this post
I've never been that impressed with him either to be honest, I hear they are replacing him with a tin of pineapple chunks Laugh
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
In juice or syrup???
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
As you may guess from me liking the above post`s I consider CL a friend of the furry mouse. DD Dodgy Dodgy
Ubique.
As someone who lives abroad i have to rely on forums such as this and journalists such as Chris Lepkowski to keep me in the loop.

I don't understand some of the negative comments above but i respect your opinions.

I personally think he has done a great job covering the WBA. He has always come across as honest and he can only report on the facts he has. WBA are a notoriously close knit club who keep their cards very close to their chest so leads and stories will be hard to come by. He has also written a book about the Albion called ‘In Pastures New ‘ which covers our journey 2000 – 2013 I believe? My old man say's it's excellent. Im not sure what else the bloke could have done to be honest and I wish him the best of luck!

Well done Chris!
talkSAFT likes this post
Rather a surprisingly speedy exit wasn't it ?
Begs the question, did he go or was he pushed?
(23-09-2014, 08:05)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Rather a surprisingly speedy exit wasn't it ?  
Begs the question, did he go or was he pushed?

I think the fact that his replacement was announced as soon as he made it public and that he'd been to the last few games to prepare for taking over suggests that it wasn't as speedy an exit as it appears. It was all decided a while ago, he's served his notice period and has only just announced it.
He's been trying to leave the Birmingham Mail for years now, so no great shock.

I liked him because he was a genuine fan and actually spoke his mind.

That said, no journo is privy to everything, as we've found out with a lot of stories wide of the mark for the last couple of years. Shame to see him go, but essentially, the only stories that really matter are the ones directly from the club anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »