Thread Rating:
Yorkshire CCC - 2015 Season
Considering our top players are constantly playing for England and we don't always get the best weather that is a pretty impressive lead.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Looking like back to back Championships for the first time in god knows (Snooty?) and looking at our line up even though out top players are spanking the Aussies, we still have a lot of international experience out there
Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat, Eat Sleep Town Repeat......................
(10-08-2015, 14:40)Jeebers Wrote: Looking like back to back Championships for the first time in god knows (Snooty?) and looking at our line up even though out top players are spanking the Aussies, we still have a lot of international experience out there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_...XI_honours

Should be good weather this week anyway. No Yorkshire match til next Tuesday and no actual Championship match until a week on Friday.
Yorkshire Vikings v Northamptonshire Sticklebacks 
Royal London One Day Cup Group A
Tuesday August 18th
at Headingley
starting at 10:30

[Image: Headingley_Cricket_Ground_-_geograph.org.uk_-_60635.jpg]

So with one match left, here's how the table looks. Surrey and Gloucs have qualified. Durham have played their full amount of games and lie 4th on 9 points, behind Yorkshire on run rate. In 5th spot with 8 points are our opponents in this final group game, Northamptonshire Sticklebacks.
A win for Northants would see them through. A win for us would see us through. A massive defeat though for Yorkshire may see us fall behind Durham on run rate and therefore into 5th and not qualifying. Somebody somewhere will be able to work out run rate, but I'm no Rachel Riley.  Blush

Team News (from YCCC website):

Head coach Jason Gillespie has selected a 15-man squad. Included are England hopefuls Liam Plunkett and Adil Rashid. The Vikings will be waiting to see if Plunkett and Rashid will be made available by the ECB after both players were selected in England’s squad for the final Ashes Test of the summer at the Kia Oval starting on Thursday. Yorkshire also include youngsters Matthew Waite and Karl Carver.

Yorkshire Vikings squad: Ballance, Bresnan, Brooks, Carver, Fisher, Hodd (w), Leaning, Lees ©, Maxwell, Patterson, Plunkett, Pyrah, Rashid, Rhodes, Waite.
"but I'm no Rachel Riley.    Blush "

Are you saying you don't look good in a dress or are your man boobs not up to snuff Snoots? Come on, don't be shy about it, own up man. Amchaff, I think we should be told.  Big Grin
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I look cracking in a dress, theo. Was of course referring to the mathematical side of young Rachel's persona.

Scorecard

One Day Cup tables

So we qualified then. Not sure of the procedure now for the draw. Would assume now we've finished 3rd that we will be away.

Yes, whoever finishes 2nd in group B. They all finish off tomorrow, so it will be Notts, Essex, Hants or Kent.
David willey has signed for yorkshire on a three year deal...obviously starts playing for us next season. But a great player to have in the ranks. Anyone see his little knock against sussex the other day?
Fantastic signing. Yes I saw his knock the other day. Didn't he get a 34 run over in there?

Essex away then in the One Day Cup.
Yeah he did off Michael yardy. No wonder he's decided its time to quit!
Sussex v Yorkshire 
LV= County Championship Division One
Friday August 21st - Monday August 24th
at Hove
starting at 11:00

[Image: 50295.jpg]

TEAM NEWS (from YCCC website)

Jason Gillespie has named a 13-man squad for the trip to Hove.

Australian international Glenn Maxwell plays his final match for Yorkshire before he joins up with Australia for the Royal London One Day international Series against England starting next month.

England duo Liam Plunkett and Adil Rashid are included after not been considered by England in the final Ashes Test against Australia at the Kia Oval.

The White Rose county are currently 38 points clear of their nearest rival, Middlesex, at the top of the LV= County Championship table.

Yorkshire 13-man squad: Ballance, Bresnan, Brooks, Gale ©, Hodd (w), Leaning, Lees, Maxwell, Patterson, Plunkett, Rashid, Rhodes, Sidebottom.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »