Thread Rating:
Tottenham vs WBA - Match Thread
You set of bloody c***s ...
My other half is a Spurs fan, so thanks to you lot, I will be off to bed on my own tonight and having to knock one out ..

CHEERS !!

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
Big Brother is watching you !! Whistle  Whistle
You think that's bad I have a builder doing some work at the moment who is a hardcore Spurs fan.  He's already said he will be back after Christmas if we win Laugh
Wereham Owl likes this post
A but gutted that Leicester and Palace won, so it doesn't feel like we've made up much ground.
Still a brilliant result though.
Today was a great performance and win. We pressed them well when their centre backs had the ball before defending as a solid, deep unit when they had the ball in midfield. Credit to Irvine, Kelly and Downing for getting the team perfectly drilled.

Dawson and Lescott as a partnership was very good. Lescott just oozes class and Dawson was very solid so I hope they are kept together for the foreseeable future. Also Sessegnon gave us what we have been missing. We have missed someone in between the midfield and strikers who can link up the play as well as being very good on the ball with plenty of pace to run at the Spurs defence. He and Berahino linked up very well together.

For next week, I think the same back 4 should be kept as they did nothing wrong today and Sessegnon and Berahino should be kept together as their understanding is getting better. In midfield, I think Morrison and Gardner together is fine but I would still bring in an attacking player to replace Dorrans or Brunt out wide. My choice would be Blanco on the right side in place of Dorrans to give us more attacking emphasis out wide as Blanco is very good on the ball, can create chances for the other forward players and has good pace to run at opposition defenders.
(21-09-2014, 21:10)Baggievicar Wrote: A but gutted that Leicester and Palace won, so it doesn't feel like we've made up much ground.
Still a brilliant result though.

If it makes you feel any better BV we are now on the same points as Liverpool, Man United and Everton. Smile
Baggievicar likes this post
good win today...heard Lescott did well. Thumb up
Superb stuff i've been really pissed off since the Oxford game and was all doom and gloom but fair play they shut me up today! i become so irritated with it all i actually went out to play golf instead this afternoon it was a very pleasant surprise when i walked to the 8th tee and seen we wwnt 1-0 up!
I won't get carried away yet though defeat against Burnley and all the hard work is undone again! But fingers crossed that don't happen Thumb up
Brilliant. Performance like that without everyone involved is real promising and credit to the lads and Irvine especially how the last 2 weeks have gone.

Sess is our best player going forward without doubt and think Irvine has now realised that and probably regrets leaving him out the first couple of games. The guy is superb and plays like he is 21 not 30! Strange to see Varela and Blanco left out completely, especially how they were both fully fit to play according to AI. Hope this changes and they feauture soon, especially Varela looking forward to seeing him. Maybe they'll play a part against Hull.

Boing Boing
Pains me to say it but Dingle Lescott was immense. The others can learn a lot from him. DD Thumb up Thumb up
Ubique.
(22-09-2014, 01:12)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Pains me to say it but Dingle Lescott was immense. The others can learn a lot from him. DD Thumb up Thumb up

Dingle Lescott once upon a time, but not any more! Don't let it pain you, every time he plays a worldy for us, it riles up the bin-foragers no end Thumb up
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »