Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Watching the bloke put the scores up was the only HT entertainment we had in those days  Laugh It was a bit shit if you were too tight to buy a programme though  Laugh

I seem to remember they also updated the piggie score throughout the game  Confused
and complicated
If I remember right the Bluints score was always the same letter on the front of the North Stand but yes without a programme it was pretty useless!!!!

The scoreboard at the top of the kop was one of my earliest memories at Hillsborough.
They also used to put the shirt numbers of the scorers in our game up too so that you knew who'd notched before the Green'Un came out Thumb up
St Charles Owl likes this post
and complicated
Rumour out there that Blackburn have rejected a 14m bid from Boro for Jordan Rhodes!!! Thats too much to pay for him, I hope we don't go that high!!
(23-07-2015, 22:18)St Charles Owl Wrote: Rumour out there that Blackburn have rejected a 14m bid from Boro for Jordan Rhodes!!!  Thats too much to pay for him, I hope we don't go that high!!

I think they may be stuck with egg (or chicken balti pies) on their faces at the deadline date.

If he was that good and worth that much he would already be gone to a premier side ( or maybe he will later at a somewhat reduced price)
I have never understood why he hasn't had more interest from the Prem teams. His goal scoring record is as good as anyone yet he is still in the Championship and being pursued by Championship teams!!
I truly believe we should just try out what we have at the club. If it doesn't work then have a deal lined up for after Xmas.

The prices thrown about for some of these players are ridiculous
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(24-07-2015, 02:50)Statesideowl Wrote: I truly believe we should just try out what we have at the club. If it doesn't work then have a deal lined up for after Xmas.

The prices thrown about for some of these players are ridiculous

Rumors elsewhere of 2 medicals scheduled for tomorrow but no names.  Personally I'm hoping they cut a deal for the LB Pinto while in Portugal 
Statesideowl likes this post
Like you Stateside, I am happy to give particularly Bus and May a chance rather than pay 14m on Rhodes. Hopefully the players we have brought in will provide much better service and consequently they will get more goals.
peiowl likes this post
Xmas would be too late though.

I wouldn't pay £14m for Rhodes but id like to see us sign another forward.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed