Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
I've only ever known the old scoreboard. Going to be emotional at bristol
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I think there used to be a scoreboard on the back of the Kop before the roof was put on.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(23-07-2015, 14:39)consilio Wrote: I think they had those right through to the early 90s at the front of the North Stand.

Maybe. I remember them at the Leppings Lane end, but I was always facing them as I went on the Kop - before it had a roof on it, let alone seats -- when people stood to watch games.

I do remember when the first electronic scoreboard went up. Maybe mid 60s? Fans complained back then because they thought the money could have been better spent on new players. That's when we were a contending club in the old First Division.
"God Save the King."
Standing up on the Kop was insane at times, people would disappear in the wave when we'd score, then re-appear 15 minutes later missing a shoe.

Tough test of character to stand your ground and not be stampeded Laugh

my very first season ticket was the season we changed to seating, my arse was the first in that seat!! Row XX back center of Kop..

I've only ever seen that Scoreboard my entire life, it would be nice to step in to the new millennium albeit 15 years late Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(23-07-2015, 14:53)Owlkev71 Wrote: I think there used to be a scoreboard on the back of the Kop before the roof was put on.

This one?

St Charles Owl, Maddix, Washington And 3 others like this post
Illegitimi non carborundum
I think we may see more of this from away fans this season!!

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/wednesd...et-prices/
peiowl likes this post
(23-07-2015, 20:26)Owlshighgreen Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 14:53)Owlkev71 Wrote: I think there used to be a scoreboard on the back of the Kop before the roof was put on.

This one?

Looking at those hairstyles I might have even be on kop somewhere when that picture was taken.  Definitely remember getting soaked a lot. The days of the 'silk' footie scarves too.
(23-07-2015, 20:26)Owlshighgreen Wrote:

This one?

That had to have gone up in the 70s. Wasn't there in '69 when I left for Canada.
"God Save the King."
(23-07-2015, 20:54)St Charles Owl Wrote: I think we may see more of this from away fans this season!!

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/wednesd...et-prices/

Part of DC's cunning plan to create fortress Hillsborough  Whistle   Also, allegedly, cans of cider in the west stand concessions are 20 quid each !!!
(23-07-2015, 15:45)peiowl Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 14:39)consilio Wrote: I think they had those right through to the early 90s at the front of the North Stand.

Maybe. I remember them at the Leppings Lane end, but I was always facing them as I went on the Kop - before it had a roof on it, let alone seats -- when people stood to watch games.

I do remember when the first electronic scoreboard went up. Maybe mid 60s? Fans complained back then because they thought the money could have been better spent on new players. That's when we were a contending club in the old First Division.
some of my early games in the late 1960's were viewed from the south stand, and I'm sure I remember seeing these across the pitch around the half way line on the North stand as well... trying to guess what the second number was before it went up - that's brought back a load of memories of The Don, Fantham, Ford, et al
peiowl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed